☞A singer and a firefighter PT. 1

"Look you won't find a better offer anywhere else I'm telling ya," Christopher Herrmann, a charming man you met just now keeps begging you to make a deal with him.

"I only sang one song though," You say through laughter. You look at your good friend Antonio who's cracking up with laughter with narrowed brows. He's the devil that brought you here and made you stand up and sing in the first place.

"It doesn't matter! You have talent!" Something in Herrmann's words makes your heart beat a little faster.

"Alright. I'll sing." The way Herrmann jumped and decided to open the most expensive bottle of alcholol he had gave you the impression your singing carrer at this pub is long from over.

***

"Go save some lives honey," You fix your boyfriend's collar as you both stand in front of firehouse 51. Another day, another shift.

As months went by it became easier to cope with his dangerous job. You were incredibly proud of what he does.

Although your relationship was a bit rocky at times because Christopher wasn't ready to share a big part of his life with you. But you trust him and always decide against pressing him.

Christopher didn't know how to tell you about his kids. After Cindy and he split he got the kids and now he's taking full care of them. He just didn't want to scare you away. Scare away the best thing that happened to him in ages.

"I really don't wanna go," You can't help but giggle lightly. Christopher pulls you to him and kisses you.

"Y/N I'd like to have Chris back."

Now you truly laugh at your boyfriend. He pulled away and started mumbling different things about how people were so insensitive these days that they don't even give a damn about couples.

"Hey Wallace." You pull the taller man into a hug after he greets you back. "Keep Chris safe for me would you?"

"Of course Y/N. He's completely safe with me," Wallace Boden flashed his perfect white teeth.

Like he can't help himself, your boyfriend pulls you in a big hug one more time. "I'll see you after shift."

You kiss him lightly. "Call me if you need anything. Now go, you'll be late. Both of you."

Leaned against your car and watched the two good friends walk away from you. I hope all goes well for them today.

***

"I think you should ask him about it. You've been together for what? 6 months?" You're sitting on a bench that oversees the kids playground ahead of you, accompanied by your sister. Her 5 year old son is happily swinging on a swing with other kids.

Why not ask your sister for advice? You wanted to make this relationship work and the only way to do that is to talk to Christopher. Talk about why you're never at his place, how he sometimes dissappears into the day for God knows what.

"Yeah. I guess you're right," You agree. "I just don't know how to open up the subject."

She nods her head without saying a word. You get back to your pretzel and playground scanning. You laugh when you see your nephew fly off the swing. You laugh even more when you see how terrified your sister suddenly looks. He wasn't that far up in the air. "Go, don't worry about me."

Your sister nods and propels herself towards her son who's sitting still on the ground, crying. You're tempted to film him just for memories, so you can show him how scared he was when he's older. Instead of reaching for your phone you stand up and throw your pretzel away so you can go help your sister. "There goes my pretzel."