☞Mandatory Boyfriend Service

"I said no!" You exclaimed. "Casey do whatever you need to do to get that man down now! If he stays like that for a minute longer, he'll die the moment we place him on the gurney."

Matt listened to you, not wasting a second before he had everyone on the job.

The man you were trying to save was hanging from a building, wires wrapped all around his body. It was a complete fail at electrical engineering.

As the PIC, you called the shots.

Not the man that was hired as Gabby's replacement.

"It'll take them 5 minutes to get him down," Your partner interjected. "And then he'll die. That will be on you. Not me."

"I'm the paramedic in charge," You told him stonily. "It's my call."

"Newbie, I think you're underestimating my girlfriend."

"Excuse me?" The paramedic said. At his rude tone, smoke started to leave your ears in a heap of anger.

"We can get him down in less than a minute," Brian told him coldly. The mischief in his usual tone was gone, and the impish smirk that usually accompanied his voice was nowhere to be seen either. "You're underestimating someone with ten times more experience. Get it together man, you don't call the shots."

And with that, he left you two be to do what you had instructed.

You grabbed the jump bag off the gurney aggressively and shot your partner a look, "What he said."

***

"Good call Y/LN," Casey praised you once everyone was settled in the common room. The two of you settled for the kitchen. You smiled in gratitude and whispered to him, "You sure we can't do something to cut Gabby's suspension short?"

Matt chuckled, "Nope. I don't think so."

"Dammit." You muttered.

"Cheer up," Matt said, elbowing you in the side. "You handled yourself great out there. You showed him his place. Got him to shut up."

You laughed, "I kinda didn't do that."

Matt raised a brow. "Otis did."

Realization washed over his face, but then he shrugged, "Well now you know he has your back."

You have him a look, "He always has my back."

Truck lieutenant waved his hands in the air nonchalantly, "I mean... Now you know for sure."

"Right," You chuckled. "Thanks lieutenant. Good talk. "

"Anytime," He said, opening a granola bar to munch on. "Hey Y/N, we still on for Saturday? Gabby wants to know if she should go dress shopping or not."

Your calendar flashed before your eyes as you remember the plans you and Brian had made with Gabby and Matt prior to her suspension.

"Yep. We'll be there."

Just as he was about to respond you were interrupted by a smiling Otis. You could her Cruz mutter some profanities under his breath at your boyfriend's silliness.

"Guess who lived?" He asked with a beaming smile.

You and Matt shared a look before you turned around and his eyes locked with yours.

Brian dramatically pointed to you, his phone in one hand.

You opened your mouth only to close it again.

"That dude from our last call!" He announced.

Everyone exhaled, relieved at the fact that he was carrying good news. "All because of my lovely girlfriend!"

You did blush at his public display of affection. The applause started from Cruz and then projected at you from all sides. You were overwhelmed to the point you didn't even notice when Otis appeared in front of you.

Your hands wrapped around his body immediately, and you didn't let go for a long moment. Not even when Cruz started to make jokes on your tab.

"Thanks for stepping in," You said. "Things wouldn't go well if you didn't."

"No, don't thank me." He smiled. "That was a mandatory thing for me to do as your boyfriend."

You slapped his chest.

"Ever since he came here," Brian started to confess. "I've always wanted to tell him off, and what better way to do it than when he's trying to pick a fight with my girl."

"A fight he can't win obviously." He added quickly.

You only rolled your eyes, "Obviously."

Otis leaned in to swoop you in for a quick kiss before pulling away when your coworkers started to boo you and your public display of affection.

"A man can't even kiss his girlfriend in this house anymore!" Brian stormed.

"That's 'cause you and Casey are the only ones who have them!"

"Shut up Cruz!" You and Otis yelled in unison.