☞A singer and a firefighter PT. 2

"Herrmann let me and Shay take Max," Gaby appeared in front of Christopher. He cradled his boy safely in his arms but you could see how tired the both of them were. "We'll take him downstairs to get some food."

At the mention of food Max showed curious interest that only made his father let him go. After placing a kiss on his head he watch as Gaby and Leslie both took his hands and guided him away.

Not even five minutes after that the doctor came out of the room. Chris was the first one to be on his feet, "Doc how is she? Is she alright?"

The man wore and expressionless face and no one could decipher what he was going to say, "Because of your efficiency you got her here in time and that's what matters the most."

Everyone exhaled. "The operation was difficult. She lost a lot of blood but thankfully she's out of the woods."

"Thank god," Wallace said and leaned against the wall.

"Can I see her?" Herrmann asked, hoping the doctor let's him.

"I'd like her to rest for a few more hours and then you can all pay her a visit." Once the doctor said that a thought struck him once more. "Are you Christopher."

"Yeah yeah... I-I'm Christopher."

"You'll be the first one to see her. She asked for you." The doctor told him and bid his goodbyes.

***

"Sweetheart..." He cautiously entered your room. When he saw you on the bed, leg wrapped and bruises all over your body, guilt started to eat him alive. "Oh honey... I'm so sorry."

You laughed meekly, "Why? You weren't the one to tell me to jump in front of the car."

Thoughts and ideas on how to break it to you flashed on his mind but none felt good enough to make the cut. That's why he just sat next to you, grabbed your hand and decided not to say anything... For now at least.

He pressed kisses on your knuckles and tucked your misplaced hair from your face. You looked at him with adoration, just like you always do. "I'm glad you're here."

When he didn't say anything else but just kiss your knuckles even more you noticed something was off. "Chris are you okay? Is something wrong?"

"Thank you..." He broke down.

You tired to move your body to sit up but the meds made your body feel like jello and you couldn't exactly move. "What? Why?"

"You saved my boy." He searched for emotion in your eyes. His were filled with tears.

Realisation hit you in an instant. "He's your son?"

"My boy yes..." He smiled.

All of your questions were suddenly answered. Why he suddenly dissappears, why his house is off limits, why he sometimes seems so distant. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I needed more time." He knew that telling you immediately was the way to go but how do you do that? Waiting seemed like an easier solution.

"How many?" You smile when you see his reaction. "Honey it's obvious."

"Lee Henry, Kenny, Luke, Max and Annabelle." He told you.

"6 kids?" You say and watch him furrow his eyebrows. "I thought 5."

"You thought right. How the heck did you get 6?" He said in disbelief. "Did you forget how to count?"

"Are Lee Henry two kids or one?"

"One of course!" He exclaimed and leaned in his chair. "Why would I name my kids Lee and Henry!?"

"How would I know?" You fight back laughing. The dry laugh made your throat hurt and you eventually started coughing. "Water..."

Chris was on his feet instantly, fearing for you. He grabbed the glass of water on the counter and helped you drunk from it. "Are you okay?"

You nod and wipe you mouth. "I really like the name Annabelle."

"I promise you'll meet them all as soon as you're feeling better."

"And when I look normal." You motion towards your bruised body and casted leg. "Is... Max here now?"

"Dawson and Shay took him home. He's a bit shaken up."

"Yeah he must be. Poor kid."

"What about you? Sweetheart you're a singer not a stuntman." At the mention of the word singer your expression fell.

"I won't be able to sing at Molly's anymore." You announce sadly.

"You'll be back." Chris told you, "When you're back on your feet."

"Yeah but Molly's will collapse until then."

"Jesus Y/N," A tortured laugh escaped his mouth. "I'll make sure to keep us running until your return."

On que a nurse arrived smiling brightly. "I'm sorry to interrupt." She swiftly made her way towards your bed. "I need to give her her meds. Unfortunately they'll knock her right out. But don't worry you can stay here if you want."

"Do you want to go home? To be with Max?" You asked and squeezed his hand. "I'll be alright."

Christopher couldn't believe how open you were. He expected you to show some type of discomfort or even tell him that you weren't comfortable. But you didn't.

Truth be told, you wanted a life with him. No matter what. He made your days so much better, so much brighter and happier and having his kids around... Mini Christophers that were just as hyper as he was was something you were excited to experience.

"I'm not leaving you." He pressed a kiss on the crown of your head with tears in his eyes. He watched you drift off to sleep and then he unlocked his phone and looked at the picture of his kids. His world.

A world you were apart of now.