☞Trust

"One day... I swear to god... I will smack her ass off the planet." Shay mumbles next to you. She practically gave up on packing the jump bag and is now spying on Nicki Rutkowski. "How does she not bother you? Do you see the way she's ogling Kelly? Like he's a piece of meat on a stick that's walking around."

"Are you saying that I should be jealous of her?" You tuck a piece of stranded hair behind your ear and turn to look the same way your best friend is looking.

"No. I mean... You trust Kelly right? Given his reputation you know?" Shay is his best friend and loves him as much as you do but his manwhore reputation sometimes overshines his great personality you two know.

"We've been together for 2 years and so far he hasn't looked a woman's way." You note and jump in the ambo to store the bag.

"Oh my God Y/N look. Look!!" She whisper yells and practically pulls you out of the ambulance.

Firehouse 51's payroll clerk, that is Nicki, is sashaying her way outside her office and towards the squad table. The tips of her pointy heels are touching Kelly's chair. That's how close she was. She stood there in her red mini dress looking like a red pepper while talking to Kelly.

"Do you see how close she is??!" Shay notices.

As much as it hurt you to admit, jealously pushed through. You shook your head and tried to empty your thoughts. When you're working, while you have your hair in a bun or a ponytail she has it straightened or curled and let loose. While she wears the clothes she wants you're stuck in your uniform.

She looks like a million bucks while you don't.

"No, no, no. Don't give me that look Y/N." Leslie is immediately in front of you with hands on your shoulders, shaking you. She's blocking the clear view you used to have of them. "Just because she can dress up while working doesn't mean she's prettier than you. As far as I know you're the one that's saving lives and she's the one that answers calls."

The pep talk she gave you made you feel better. But that betterness you felt dissappeared the moment you noticed from the corner of your eye that Kelly followed her into the changing room.

***

"Hey Y/LN." A high pitched voice stopped you from going to your bed and taking a nap. "Could you please do me a favour?"

You take a deep breath, plaster on a fake smile and turn around to face her. "Yeah sure. What's up?"

"So I wanted to cook something for Kelly since we're having dinner tonight. You know nothing special but I don't know what to make." She starts with a smile on her face. "Maybe you could give me some ideas?"

Your heart shattered. "Severide and you?"

"Well I asked if him if you wanted to tag along but he said that it'll be better if you didn't go since you said that you were feeling sick. You shouldn't have come to work you know?" Her face concern didn't faze you at all. It was the fact that this was happening to you while you were openly dating and everyone in the house knew. Including her.

With everything that's been going on you weren't surprised that this was happening. But it still hurt you deeply. "He changes his mind a lot. I wouldn't know. Sorry Nicki."

With that you walked away and held your tears in.

***

When you catched him smiling by himself in the locker room you lost it.

As much as you wanted to take things home and sort them out there, the pain and betrayal you felt whenever you saw him smiling was too much.

"What the fuck Kelly?" You raged.

"Sorry?" The suprise on his face was genuine but your feelings masked it.

"You think I wasn't going to find out that you're going to be having a fun time while dining with the clerk?" Her words and actions replayed in your head.

"Baby what?" He was genuinely puzzled. "Did Nicki do something to you?"

"Oh now you two are on a first name basis. Great!"

"No... No we're... Y/N what's going on?"

"I don't know you tell me!" You tell him. "Why do I have to come to work and see her all over you all the time!? Now she tells me you two are having dinner that you specifically didn't want me to go to! All after you followed her skimpy ass to the changing room to do god knows what!"

You two did things there that you weren't necessarily proud of. Only one thought came to your head when you thought about what the two of them did in there.

"Jesus Christ..." Realization surfaces on his face as he connects the dots. "What else did she tell you?"

"She asked me to recommend me food you like so she can cook it for you." Silence filled the air and so you continued to speak.

"Kelly I never judged you for your past. Never. Denying the fact that it made me insecure would be a lie but I trusted you! I trusted you every step of the way and you proved yourself." Tears start to collect but you fight them back. "I can't make you love me and I can't make you keep this relationship going but don't end it like this."

By the time you finished you were a mess and Kelly was raging. You didn't fight back when he pulled you into his arms and soothed you the right way. He pressed soft sincere kisses to your head and apologised for making you feel this way.

"So you didn't have sex with her in the changing room?" You fixed yourself and wiped your tears away.

Kelly chucked. "The only person with who I had sex in there is you."

Blood flowed to your cheeks in the speed of light. Soon your cheeks were tinted with the rosy color Kelly adored.

"So what did you do in there?"

"She showed me where my new uniform was since the last one was destroyed in the fire last week." You remembered last week, when his jacket was completely destroyed in the fire. It made you worried sick.

"What about dinner?"

He grabbed your hips and pulled you close, "That never happened."

"What about all the times she threw herself on you?"

"I threw her right off. Ask anyone from squad. I have witnesses."

"Yeah Tony and Capp." You chuckled.

"What's wrong with Tony and Capp?" He exclaimed and laughed.

You didn't know what else to tell him. The conclusion you got from this talk was that Kelly is innocent and Nicki is a lying bitch. Something you already kind of knew.

"I'm sorry." You whispered. You felt incredibly guilty for jumping to conclusions right away.

"Hey it's okay." He gave you his heart melting smile. The smile you've been adoring for two years. "Are we good?"

"Yeah we're good."

With your hands placed on his chest you leaned in and kissed him. Moments like this one made your heart skip a beat and brain turn to mush. The kiss was gentle and sweet and it stopped just before it was going to get more passionate and fierce.

"I love you."

"I love you too."