"The story"

⚠️TW: description of injuries and death⚠️

The war had ended. But the sorrows of many had just begun. Under the rubble of what use to be hogwarts....a school of dreams. A school where a kid could grow up and learn they weren't different from everyone else.

Home.

When everyone walked out to take in the destruction, I heard gasps fill the air. As I looked up my breath was taken away at how dismantled it was. I had always heard stories about this beautiful place, and now it's gone.

I walked back inside and took a look at what was the great hall.... the four long wooden tables that once stretched from the front to the back of the room, were busted into pieces

The candles that floated from the ceiling, were blown out and casted in different directions.

The huge stain glass windows that projected the sun and moon's light so beautifully....shattered

The thought that my future children will never get to set and hear the loud cheering of the crowd as the sorting hat announced them into a house....broke me.

The stool I once sat in anxiously awaiting my sorting laid on the floor broken. I wish I had never taken it for granted, it would now be a faint memory.

Hogwarts would never be forgotten, It would remain alive in the stories we told for years to come.

"Coming from a Slytherin family? She's a joke" I heard a voice taunt behind me

Draco's arms slid around my waist

"Don't you remember?" He kissed my cheek

"When we met...of course I do" I laughed as I turned around to face him

His face was still cut up and his hair was messy.

"Are you okay?" He asked wiping a tear from my eyes

"Yeah, it's just...sad to see it all gone"

"I know" he replied softly

"Let's go" I grabbed his hand and walked out
.
.
.
.

Weeks passed and with the destruction of Hogwarts, the injured people  was sent to a temporary hospital wing built from a large tent.

Others volunteered to search through the rubble for more injured victims or any bodies.

Many witches and wizards were still missing some including Ernie Macmillan, Padma patil, George Weasley, Sybill Trelawney, Filus Flitwick, and many others.

Draco was one of the volunteers who had helped search. Some evenings were worse than others, there were times he'd come in and talk to me for hours about how they saved people that day; the other times he would come in, go straight to his room, lock the door, and wouldn't speak to me for hours...sometimes days.

Last week they found Nigel Wolpert's body in a storage closet, they said it was likely he was trying to hide and his spot was later discovered by a death eater and he was killed. Finn told me, when I went to visit him at the hospital wing; Draco won't speak of anything unless it was a rescue.

"Have you heard if they've found any others?" I ask

"Not that I've heard" Finn replied

We sat in silence for a few minutes until a large crow of people stormed in shouting.

"We found them, they're all alive...but barley"

I jumped from the side of the bed looking over the crowd.