Chapter 4

•••

•••

N/A: Since this is my birthday, I decided to post two chapter today. Enjoy!

"The police are asking for our help," Agent Hill told Steve and Natasha.

"Why?" Steve frowned.

The police usually didn't require the help of the Avengers as the group of heros were in charge of more massive operations. If the police asked for their aid, then it meant that it was something big.

"They need help to catch robbers?" Natasha joked.

"Actually, yes," Agent Hill nodded. Both Natasha and Steve frowned. "Atomic bombs robbers,"

Natasha scoffed in disblief as Steve stayed speechless.

"Atomic bombs?" Steve repeated.

"Yes," Agent Hill confirmed. "Yesterday, someone broke into a Roxxon's warehouse near New York. The alarm didn't set off and every camera footage disapeared. The guy, Marcus Stanford, was arrested but two uranium rods, what makes an atomic bombs so deadly, were gone,"

"That means he wasn't alone," Steve concluded.

"Any witness?" Natasha asked but Agent Hill shook her head.

"All dead," she said. "And Stanford refuses to talk. We have no way to know who have the uranium rods and why,"

Steve kept silent. He was lost in his thoughts. Stealing an atomic bomb wasn't something every robbers could do. Even professional and the most prepared robbers couldn't even imagine to try such an operation. That meant one thing. It must be them. They must be preparing something. And if it involved atomic bombs... Steve didn't even want to imagine what could happen.

"Steve," Natasha called. They eyes met. It seemed they thought about the same thing.

"It must be HYDRA," Steve stated. "A warehouse storing such a murderous weapon must be well guarded, as well guarded than the White House. It must be full of traps and divices to stop intruders. Only an organisation like HYDRA can pull such an operation without getting caught. They have the means of actions and the agents for it," he reasoned.

"So what do we do?" Agent Hill asked.

"What do we know about that Stanford guy?" Steve asked.

"Nothing much," Agent Hill said as she looked at her tablet. "He's Canadian, worked into a telecom company before quitting to join the army. Quit again then nothing. Has no criminal record, no encounter with the police at all,"

"The perfect civilian facade," Natasha concluded. "A patriotic civilian who end up robbing uranium rods? Must be a spy or some sort,"

"Then we need to have a talk with him," Steve said. "If HYDRA is really behind this, we need to act fast," he said as he stood up.