Chapter 14

Ellie was sat on her bunk. She was looking at the floor, absent-mindedly. She got her memory back. All of it. Her childhood, he teenagehood, the war, the post-war, and her rebirth as The Panthom. She remembered her training in the Red Room. Well, what she thought was the Red Room. It was similar but it wasn't the same. She remembered everything Madame K told her, all her mission, and all the time she had been frozen. The first time happened after a mission with Bucky that didn't end well for them.

The Phantom put her sniper in the wardrobe. She just got back in her hotel room from a mission. HYDRA paired up The Winter Soldier and The Phantom for a mission in Prague. The Phantom had to kill a polician during a diplomatic meeting as the Winter Soldier had to get someone for HYDRA. It wasn't really a team mission but more like two missions in the same city and at the same time. But none of them minded. Actually, it was the contrary.

It had been a while The Phantom took the mantle and started operating. Maybe a year, or two. She didn't really know. All she cared was the mission and the organization. But unknown to the heads of HYDRA something else mattered to her. Someone else.

The Phantom removed her gun from her tigh and her knives from her boots. She untied her hair and let them fell loose. But then she froze. She slightly looked aside.

"You shouldn't be here," she only said.

She fully turned toward her window. It was opened, letting the air enter and moving the curtains. And in front of it stood the Winter Soldier, dressed in his combat suit, his metal arm shown.

The soldier didn't answer anything and only slid the window shut. The Phantom walked over to him.

"If they find you here. We're dead," she muttered as she stopped in front of him. The Winter Soldier took a step forward. Their bodies were close, brushing. She looked up. Her brown eyes met his. They weren't cold and expressionless. They never were when it was only the two of them. They were fond and gentle. A care The Phantom never thought he would be capable of. A care she never thought she was capable of.

The Winter Soldier slowly lifted his gloved hand and brushed a strand of her hair away from her face. He slightly tilted his head on the side, taking fully onto her beautiful features. The Phantom closed her eyes and snuggled her face more into his hand. She stayed like this a short moment, enjoying his presence. She then looked up at him again, her face only millimeters from his. She reached for his face mask and slowly removed it. The Winter Soldier leaned closer and pressed his forehead against her.

"This is forbidden," he whispered as he leaned again, brushing his lips against hers.

"And yet you keep coming," She said on the same tone, cupping his face with one of her hands.

"I cannot resist this feeling," he said before crashing his lips against hers.

The Winter Soldier wrapped his arms around her waist and brought her closer to him. The Phantom passed her hand into his soft hair as she pressed her body against his. The soldier tilted his head on the side to deepen the kiss as the spy slid her other hand on her arm. The Winter Soldier then left her lips to leave kisses on The Phantom's neck while his hands travelled on her back, owning sighs of content from her. She then slightly pushed him back to take posession of his lips again. She bit his lips, demanding access to his mouth which he glady gave. The kiss became more passionate as the soldier zipped down the suite of The Phantom, pushing her onto the bed.

They were playing a dangerous game. And they knew that. Romance was not tolerated within HYDRA. It was considered as a distraction and a potential reason for agents to desert and drop the ideology. And that was unacceptable. When you joined HYDRA, you were in it for life. There was no turning back. The Phantom and the Winter Soldier were fully aware of all of that. They knew what they signed, what they where getting into when they accept all those missions. They knew what they were doing was forbidden. They knew the care they held for one another was forbidden. They knew the love they held for each other was forbidden, synonym of a death wish. And yet, they couldn't resist the love and attraction they had for each other. And it was lasting for two years now. After the first kiss they shared in the training room when The Winter Soldier was training her, it was the birth of an unbreakable bond. The rebirth of an unbreakable bond. They would often sneak into each other's room to spend time with the one they loved. And it lasted for two years.