Chapter 12

•••

•••

A/N: Because I've graduated from highschool today, here's a chapter in advance. Enjoy!!

•••

Lost. It was the word that was describing The Phantom the most. She was lost. She didn't know what to think. Days ago, she would have devoted herself to HYDRA. Now, she wasn't so sure. Now, she would think twice.

"You seem to have recover some of your memories," The Phantom suddenly heard.

She slowly looked up. Bucky. No, The Winter Soldier. She didn't know. She didn't know anything anymore. She was supposed to kill him. But right now, she didn't know.

The Phantom set her eyes on Bucky's. She slightly tilted her head on the side. His eyes were a light blue. His hair was messily falling on both side of his face. His features were sharp, angular, quite handsome even. He seemed familiar. The Phantom saw him before. Not before as when they worked together. But before as the time before HYDRA. Strangely, just by looking at him, a feeling of ease and peace grew inside The Phantom. But what was strange was that she knew she already felt it before. His presence here wasn't bothering. It was the opposite. Where did she feel it? She didn't know, but she knew she already felt it.

She knew him. She was sure of it.

"What do you want..." The Phantom quietly asked. She was sat on the floor, the limbs numb and looking into the void. Her eyes were empty, there was nothing.

"To talk," Bucky only said.

"You just want to get into my head," she muttered as she held her head.

"You still deny your memories?" He asked.

"Why do you care? Why do you want me to have my memories back so much?" She snapped, done with being surrounded in a thick fog of uncertainty.

Bucky didn't answer right away. He just look at her. But he seemed... compassionate.

"We are the same, you and I," Bucky calmly said. "HYDRA took us away from our past lives, erased our memories and reboot us. They used us as their puppets, their own personal weapons. I see myself in you. That's why I want you to get your memory back,"

"You grew yourself a heart now?" She spat. "I don't need your pity. I don't know you. I don't,"

"And yet you do," Bucky stated. The Phantom looked up at him.

The Phantom stared at him. She knew him. This feeling if comfort she always had with him, of ease, peace and security, she knew it all. But why was she denying it.

"'This would get us killed'," he said. Then it was as if something flashed into the Phantom's head. "You once said that to me,"

Then she remembered.