Chapter 1 「Welcome to the Sohma household!」

I look out my window

I look out my window. I saw a brunette talking to Yuki.

Who's she? I thought.
Probably a classmate.

I focus back to what I'm doing earlier.

~🐭~🌹~🍙~🐱~

I'm back in my room, chilling, until I heard laughing and got curious so I went down.

"What's with all the commotion?" I asked.

I saw the same girl I saw earlier. She looked at me with big eyes and came running to me. "I'm sorry! I must have disturbed you from your sleep! I shouldn't have went here!" she apologized.

"Uh.. You didn't do anything wrong, please don't apologize," I said trying to calm her down.

She gave me a sigh of relief.

"So, who's this?" I asked.

She sat back down, with me joining them.

"Well, this is Tohru, we saw her in her tent in the Sohmas' occupied land," Yuki explained.

"That's strange, I thought the Sohmas own all the land in this area," I said.

"Um, would you please let me live there for a little while. I'll leave as soon as the renovations are over. I... don't have much money, but I'll pay what I can. Please..." Tohru asked.

"That's a dangerous spot. The soil is soft near the cliff and there are pervs around. And a girl can't just live in a tent for months anyway," said Shigure, finally done laughing.

"It's alright! I'm used to the slugs now!" Tohru stood up with determination. "I promise, I've got more than enough strength and willpower! So please-" before she could finish her sentence, she fell down, sitting."

"Honda-san?!" Yuki went to her, putting the back of his hand on her forehead. "She's got a fever."

"I'll go get some ice!" I went looking for ice, but we didn't have any! "Eh?! Shigure didn't I tell you to restock?"

"I don't remember you saying that to me."

Sigh. He's hopeless...

We heard a howl, finding out that a landslide happened.

"Could it have been...

...near my tent?!" Tohru exclaimed.

"Surely not!" The two started laughing.

We went to the location of the landslide. Unfortunately, it's near her tent. She hurriedly tried digging the dirt saying that her mom's stuck in there. Good thing Shigure told her that we'll come back tomorrow morning.

We let Tohru sleep in the living room, leaving me in charge of watching over her. We discovered about what happened to her mom which was tragic... Though, I still don't trust her.