Chapter 5 「He's an idiot」

"All done! Who wants the next turn? Yuki bath time

"All done! Who wants the next turn? Yuki bath time." Shigure-san said. "I'll skip it today."

"No bath? How disgusting! You dirty boy!"

"I think I have a cold. That's why."

"Let's check to see if you're overreacting," Reina-san said. I put my hand on his forehead. "You do feel a little warm.." "Huh, I guess you're not," they both looked at each other, Sohma-kun with an irritated look and Reina-san with a straight face. These two are still at each other's throats, they're scary when they fight. They're not the noisy type but you could feel the atmosphere that it makes you uncomfortable. I guess my New Year's wish didn't work, I was hoping they'd get along better...

Luckily, Shigure-san spoke, making things lighter, "The quicker you can treat a cold the sooner you'll feel better. Let's see if I can find you some medicine," he looked for some medicine. "You should probably stay home from school tomorrow just to be on the safe side," I advised.

"No, it's alright. I'm sure I'll be fine."

"But we're running the marathon. You'll just make yourself worse."

"If he wants to get more sick then let him be," she said coldly, resting her head on her hand, but I'm sure she's just irritated since he's going to make himself more ill. Reina-san still cares, I can feel the worry in her voice, but I think I'm the only one who thinks about it like that... The scary atmosphere is back... Suddenly, we heard a familiar voice, "Hold on a second.. Did you say... 'Marathon'?" You could literally see fire in Kyo-kun's eyes.

"Ye.. Yes..?"

"As in... a race? A race run in groups... Which means... It's a competition!"
"No, Sohma-kun has a cold. He can't run tomorrow," I object.
"A cold?! You're gonna bail on the race 'cause you've got the sniffles?!"
He sure is... enthusiastic about this.. "It's on! You better not back down!" He said before closing the door. "Seriously don't overdo it. If your body gets too weak from this cold you're going to transform, and I really doubt you want that," Shigure-san warned.

"I know."

I have a bad feeling about this... Sohma-kun has no business racing tomorrow, he needs to rest. But something tells me Kyo-kun's not gonna let that happen. Please let everyone get through tomorrow in one piece.