Chapter 4 「See you when you get back」

"Why do we even have to bother replacing these stupid things? No one's gonna care about a tiny hole or two

"Why do we even have to bother replacing these stupid things? No one's gonna care about a tiny hole or two."

"Shut up and work. It's your fault they're beating up in the first place."

"Why are we related.." Kyo watched Honda-san as she wiped the floor. "You really having that much fun cleaning the deck?"

"Yep. I love tidying up the house for new year's with all of you. It's like a dream!" Honda-san answers.

I wish I enjoyed cleaning the house.

I also need to tidy up my room and try to be a bit more organized. It's messy. Especially with all of the junk I have..

"Hey Shigure-san..." said Honda-san.

"Hm?"

"I know it's terrible for me to ask this when you've done so much. The thing is my grandfather contacted me and it seems the family's going to Hawaii for the holiday. So would it possibly be okay if I stayed here in your house for new year's?"

"Hmm of course, but is that really what you want to do?"

~🐭~🌹~🍙~🐱~

"I'm staying here too," spoke Kyo and Yuki.

"I haven't been back in four months, so why should I break the streak just cause a new year is starting up."

"If I show up for the banquet now, what was the point of me leaving?"

"This is a disaster," I rub my head as the situation is giving me a headache. "I don't want to imagine what'll happen, it's a nightmare.."

"Yeah. At least make an appearance or else you're going to upset-"

"No I'm not going," both of them refused.

"This is gonna be a pain.."

Dealing with Akito's rage is such a pain.

"Are you okay? It sounds like everyone's unhappy about something, but I can't figure out what," Honda-san said.

"Listen to how unreasonable they are they're being! These fools are refusing to go to the main house for new year's and I'm sure I'll be yelled at!"

"Excuse me, I'm involved too," I said.

"Stop whining like a toddler. Don't you have any sense of self-respect?" Kyo said in an annoyed tone.

"But why aren't you going home? Momiji told me that new year's is like a really important holiday for the Sohmas."

"You're right about that. It's the biggest event of the year for our family. The whole entire clan gathers together for the celebration, and the most significant part is the exclusive zodiac banquet. Even though Reina here claims that she's not a Sohma, she's still invited. It is quite the affair I assure you. A few years back, Yuki graced us with a dance that was the personification of beauty."