Chapter 10「How have you been?」

A/N:
Sorry for not updating for a long time! I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

=========================

Another day of chaos as Ayame, the snake of the zodiac visits the 5 of them. "Yuki! How have you been, my brother?"

"Not an acceptable excuse! Consider yourself lucky we didn't call the police!"

"What did that jerk do to you, exactly?" Kyo asked.

"Huh, so Kyonkichi really does live here."

"I told you not to call me that!"

"Missed ya since New Year's, Gure-san."

Shigure happily replied, "Missed ya since New Year's!"

"You'd better not have cheated on me during our time apart, Gure-san."
"No man would do such a thing while he had you in his life, Aya."
"Great!" -- "Great!"

"What's great?!"

So much happened in just a minute of him being with them, including treating Tohru like a maid.

"I feel like I'm missing someone..." Ayame faked forgetting 'that' person. "Yes, now I remember! Dear Reina! Quit the shy act and show yourself! I'm sure you have long awaited my return." An irritated Reina popped out of nowhere, with a disgusted look to Ayame. "Sohma scum," she said before returning to her housework.

Ayame pretends to be offended, "Why must you speak to me like that?"

"As I should, you deserve it."

"Oh, why must this be so complicated? Fine, then," Ayame starts to approach Tohru. "Tohru-kun."

"Yes?"

"We shall eat out!" he grabs a hold of Tohru's arm and proceeds to dash out of the house. "Fear not, it shall be my treat!"

The 3 could only watch and give a cold glare to Shigure as they leave.

"Go ahead, order what you like. You don't need to worry about Yuki and the others. They're not children. They'll manage lunch on their own," he reassures Tohru.

"But they're giving me a home so-"

"Are you saying you cannot accept a meal from me?"

"N-no, of course not!"

"Good. Cook, we'll have two gyoza plates."

~🐭~🌹~🍙~🐱~

"I'm surprised to be honest. Yuki-kun never mentioned having a brother."

"He wouldn't have mentioned it. As you can tell, we don't get along. Well, perhaps it's more accurate to say that we aren't close. We're ten years apart, and Yuki was more or less quarantined from birth, partly because he was sickly. I did as I pleased, and spared him hardly a thought beyond, occasionally remembering I had a brother," he placed down the glass of water he was holding.