Chapter 9 「Here you go」

As I sit inside, staring at the floor for hours, I heard the sound of the door slowly opening

"Yuki."

I trembled, waiting for Akito to taunt me. But I could not hear the horrifying voice, instead, it was hers. She reassured me, my heart beat returning to its normal rate. "Come with me, don't worry I got Akito's permission, I won't get scolded this time!" she smiled.

How can she always stay so cheerful? I couldn't fully understand her personality, but that's one of the things I liked about her.

"Yuki," she came to visit me again. She reached inside the bag, "I brought an apple." "Look how ripe it is! Freshly picked from Dr. Hatori's table. Hehe," she proudly told me.

"You shouldn't steal even if it's as simple as an apple," I told her while she handed me the fruit.

She shakes her head in denial, "No, I didn't! I asked if I could take it, he said 'yes'."

I simply laughed at her. It's kinda rare for her not to be mischievous.

Even after all what we've been through, It was hard for me to imagine she'd turn her back on me.

Huh.. Maybe that's just life playing tricks on me.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It's been a few days since Akito went to visit the three, and things are a little

It's been a few days since Akito went to visit the three, and things are a little... awkward.

"Um..." Tohru tries to start a conversation. "I-I was thinking, why don't we try making smoothies? It seems like fun and it's nutritious!"

Everyone was quiet until Kyo murmured, "sure."

Tohru's eyes sparkled, she clasped her hands and said cheerfully, "I wonder what flavors will we make!" She looked over to her blacked haired friend. "Reina-chan." The girl looked over to her with an eyebrow raised. "What's your favorite fruit?"

She was surprised by the question, but not wanting to disappoint her she answered, "Apples."

"Huh, weird." "For a witch, I expected something like poisonous berries," Kyo insulted. "Says the cat who always fails to land on his feet," Reina says. Well, that burned... "Huh?!!"

"Apples..." Yuki muttered.

Tohru looks worriedly at the two who are arguing. "P-Please don't fight!"

It took awhile to stop Kyo. Even Shigure had to butt in. Right now, Tohru and Yuki are buying some fruits and other ingredients for the smoothies. "Wait for me here Honda-san, I need to check something."

The boy came back with a small plastic bag. Looks like there's a rectangular thing in it. "What did you buy Yuki-kun?" a curious Tohru asked. "Just a book, nothing interesting."

"You seem to really like books Yuki-kun."

"I do enjoy reading," he smiled at her.

After a very long walk the two are back to their so called home. Yuki placed the groceries on the kitchen counter.

"So how do we make this?" Kyo asked.

Sweat began to appear on Tohru's forehead. "I-I'm sorry.. It seems I've forgotten to think about that part."
"Seriously?!"

Attempting to help Tohru on this situation Reina walked to her side and said, "If I remember correctly, it's really not that complicated. Cut the fruits to small pieces then blend, maybe add some sugar to sweeten it. We could try that."

"I expected you to know more about this kind of things than her. Did you forgot about it or something?" Kyo said.

"Uhh... um..."

Annoyed by the orange headed male, Yuki said in a harsh tone, "Shut up you stupid cat, not like you know it either."

"Oh you close your mouth you dumb rat!"

And so the two girls started preparing the ingredients. While doing so one of the fruits fell. "Ah, Tohru could you get that for-?"

The girl looked at the hand beside her, and at their face. "Here you go," Yuki said with a normal tone. She was surprised by this, Tohru was no longer with her in the kitchen. Where could that girl have gone to? It doesn't matter for now, she couldn't believe this, is she dreaming?

She slowly took the fruit, and washed it. "Uhh..?"

"Must wash this remove any possible germs," she said with a smile but was clearly insulting him.

"Ahh yes, the person who touched it must've had very dirty hands," he showed his irritated smile in return.

"Mhm mhm."

After a disaster of making it, they all enjoyed their beverages. It's not much but Tohru really cherished that moment, hoping that they'd be able to do this more often. It also seems Yuki had a change of heart. Maybe..?

--------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 752