Chapter 8 「A distraction for you」

Uwah

Uwah... We all just finished taking the test! I think I did really well! "Reina-chan, how did you do?"
"I did great," she smiled. I asked her, "Reina-chan, did something happen?"

"What do you mean?"

"Um, you seem a lot cheerful today."

"Why wouldn't I be?" She says, still smiling. Memories of her getting mad at Kyo came to mind, I shook it off. "I just thought a good thing must've happened today so..."

Silence... Suddenly, she spoke cheerfully, "Such a kind friend you are Tohru~!"

...

"EH?!"

"Huh? Aren't you happy that we're getting along now?"

"O-of course I am! I was just flustered that you called me by my first name, well it's fine if you do..." a blush formed on my cheeks. "Does this mean, You, Yuki-kun and Kyo-kun-"

"No," she sounded angry but she was still smiling!? "Hahaha what a funny joke Tohru! Them? I don't recall including them. What made you think we're going to get along Honda-san? I'd never let an idiot be my friend, let alone a hot tempered and a girly one."

I felt Kyo-kun and Yuki-kun's aura, they definitely know that she's talking about them. I've been wondering for a while now, why do they despise each other so much? It feels like there's something more..

Momiji-kun invited us to a hot spring. I remembered what happened that night..

"Honda-san." Yuki-kun called. I looked at him and hummed. "How has she been treating you?"

"You mean Reina-chan?" I asked making sure, he nodded. My eyes sparkled.
This is a good opportunity to change how he views her!
"Reina-chan has been very kind to me! She taught me how to cook some of her favorite dishes. I should try cooking it sometime so you all could have a taste!"

He smiled at me. "I'm glad. Um... did she say anything about me by any chance?"

I was surprised that he asked that. "Yes... Though, I feel like whenever she mentions you and Kyo-kun, she always looked very sad..."

He looked at me in disbelief before saying, "Oh. Anyways let's go back in, it's pretty chilly out here."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"I have something to tell you," Momiji told us

"I have something to tell you," Momiji told us. "He's here."

I suddenly got anxious as I remember the days I spent in that room..
The things I yearned for.
The things I dreamt of in that dark room.

As I sit inside, staring at the floor for hours, I heard the sound of the door slowly opening.

"Yuki."

Momiji continued, "I thought I should let you guys know. Especially if you don't want to run into him."

I walked away not wanting to hear more about Akito being here. As I get near my classroom, I saw Honda-san with him.

In panic, I ran out where they were. "Akito!" I said.

"Yuki. I was hoping I'd run into you. It feels as if we've not seen each other in ages." he spoke in a cheerful but dark tone. He tried to approach me, "My, how you've grown! Look how tall-"

"What did you do to Honda-san!?"

"Nothing. I was just saying hello. Right, Tohru-san? I just said hello right?"

She nodded, "Oh yes."
I'm finding it hard to believe that.

"Forget that. More importantly, there's something I'm dying to ask you," he held my cheek, I was paralyzed. "What are you playing at? Skipping our festivities at New Year? Why would you do something like that? I've become such a nice guy lately."

"So it really, really hurts when someone does such a thing to me. Perhaps you need a little re-education..? You look like you're having fun... ...neglecting our family tradition."

"Akito

"Akito."

I looked behind him to see Reina-chan..

"Shigure's been looking for you," she said walking closer and taking a hold of his hand. "We should head back, it's not good for your health." Akito-san smirked, "Ahh, it felt like an eternity since I last saw you. Good thing it won't be long until you go back to the estate." He looked at me. "I hope she wasn't rude to you. She can be.. a little aggressive sometimes."

I noticed her eyes looked sad and angry.
"Ah, No! Reina-chan was really nice! She's done a lot of kind things to me."

"Really? Huh... Anyways we should go now. Send my regards to the others," Akito-san, along with Reina-chan walked away.

"Are you okay Honda-san?" Yuki-kun asked.

"Y-yes I'm fine!"

He turns, his back facing me as if to tell he wants to escape from the feeling he felt. He looked uncomfortable and scared. Poor Yuki-kun...

"You should stay ayaw from Akito, and, maybe it's best if you also stay away from her."

As Reina escorts Akito back he said, "That Honda girl is dump, looks like the kind of person who'd get fooled easily," he laughed

As Reina escorts Akito back he said, "That Honda girl is dump, looks like the kind of person who'd get fooled easily," he laughed. "But, she'd be a great distraction."

Before he boarded the car, he said his goodbyes to the girl who accompanied him. She watched the car get more and more far. The girl mumbled, "Yes. You're right. She'd be a great distraction.. A distraction for you."

She began making her way to her class.

But I won't let you hurt anyone again. As long as I'm still standing on this world full of cruelty, I will continue to protect the people I deeply cherish. You don't know what's coming for you, Akito. If no other option is left, don't worry, I will drag you down with me.

-------------------------------------------

Word count: 936