✨The Spring Ball✨

"Beatrice this has to be one of your best ideas" remarked Arthur. He looked to his side, over at Beatrice.

"Ha, I know" Beatrice replied, with a grin. They were standing outside of the Stoneshire mansion 1 minute before the ball starts. They're being prepared, extra prepared. They didn't wanna be caught. Of course with their fancy outfits they blended in perfectly. 

Arthur dusted off his tux for the 100th time that day, and said, "Okay, the ball's gonna start soon, I can't wait, do you think I'll bump into Claire again?" 

"Obviously! Claire can't miss a family ball for the 2nd time." responded Beatrice, who just slapped Arthur on the back. 

"Okay okay okay, cool cool cool cool cool, I got this then..." Arthur said, "wait, does my breath stink? Be honest, Beatie." Arthur blew a breath to Beatrice.

"Only a little bit, here," said Beatrice as she handed Arthur a mint from a purse that hung off her shoulder, "take the mint, it'll help." Arthur took the mint and popped it into his mouth. He thanked Beatrice. 

All of a sudden, a royal looking fellow that stood in front of the mansion, guarding, shouted, "ATTENTION ALL, ATTENTION ALL! THE BALL HAS BEGUN! UNLATCH AND OPEN THE DOOR! YOU MAY COMMENCE THE MUSIC!" Beatrice and Arthur immediately looked at each other and ran to the opening door. The door was rather bigger than they remembered. They went through the open doors and an aroma of food came through. Rose (the girl from before who talked with Beatrice) was busy putting out the food on the long tables that are laid out on the sides of the big room.

"Hey! Rose!" Beatrice yelled across the room. Rose quickly flipped her head around to face Beatrice. Her face brightened once she saw Beatrice. 

"HI!" shouted Rose. She put down the fruit salad on the table and ran over towards Beatrice and Arthur. 

Beatrice turned to Arthur and said, "Artie, sorry, can I leave to talk to her?"

"Sure, sure, go ahead, I have Claire, I'll go find her." Arthur replied, waving his hand. Beatrice nodded and walked away with Rose. Arthur went to the food and took a fruit. He looked around to find Claire... weird, she's no where to be found..? 

Queen Dorian cleared her throat from the front of the huge room and said, "Hello, and welcome again, to another of our balls! I'm Queen Dorian Stoneshire, as you know, and this is my husband King Frances Stonshire," she looked at Frances and smiled, "... we have an actual reason to having this ball, besides just for fun, our daughter, Claire, can finally come. She is going to pick a person today to possibly marry. Ladies, gentlemen, and others, please welcome Claire Stoneshire!" A few seconds passed before Claire walked into the room from the door to the side of the Queen and King. Applaud roared through out the room as Claire awkwardly waved and bowed with a light blush. Arthur was busy processing this whole thing. Beatrice and Rose ran back to Arthur with pity. 

"God, Arthur, I'm so sorry, if I had known Claire was gonna be having a weird date thing at this ball, I wouldn't have made you come", said Beatrice. She put her hand on Arthur's shoulder, trying to comfort him. 

"I... I'm fine, it's fine, why would I care anyways? She's the princess, I'm just a random poor dude, it doesn't matter, she doesn't care about me. I don't even like royalty ha, it's fine" Arthur said. He laughed and played it off like he didn't care. But truly he was miserable. Whenever he is sad, he tends to laugh and play it all as a joke. 

"I know that you act all weird like this when your unhappy, Artie, I shouldn't have brought you here" Beatrice said with a frown. 

"If it makes you feel any better, I heard gossip around the mansion that Claire wasn't happy about the whole 'you gotta find a person to date and maybe even marry' thing" Rose added.