The Date...

Artist for the tea painting: insta/Twitter/tumblr- kf1n3

"Darling! Your date is in a few minutes, you should dress up!" Dorian shouts from downstairs. 

"Fine!" Claire yells back. She walks to her closet and tries to find a good outfit. Although they aren't happy with whole date situation, they like dressing up. And also, what kind of person would she be if she didn't dress up for a date. She finds a cute dress that lays on the more casual side:

 She finds a cute dress that lays on the more casual side:

She looked into her huge mirror in her room and twirled. They ran to their small desk and took the lip gloss from the top of it and put some on. She popped her mouth. 

"Claire! The boy, Darren, is here!" Dorian yelled. Claire ran down the stairs. 

"Coming coming coming!" said Claire. 

"Love you, dear. trust me you get to know this 'Darren'" Dorian said, as she pressed a kiss on the top of Claire's head. 

"Yeah yeah, I love you too," replied Claire. Claire opened the front door and there stood Darren. Wearing a normal black and white suit.

"Hello, princess" Darren greeted. Of course he was British. The way Darren said princess made Claire wanna gag, she only liked it when Arthur did it. Weird... 

"Hello, Darren, where to? For the date?" asked Claire.

"To a fancy cafe, of course" replied Darren. God, Claire really wished that Arthur was here.

"Oh. Okay, cool, let's go then," said Claire, "bye mother" they gave a wave to Dorian and Dorian gave a wave back. The walk to the cafe was long and boring. Darren is truly a silent and not interesting guy. Once they finally got there, there was a table that was reserved for them. Darren pulled out a chair for Claire and himself. Claire took a seat, and Darren followed. There was already tea on the table, so Claire poured herself a cup of tea and took a sip.

Darren cut the silence and said, "Tell me about yourself, beautiful." Claire choked on the tea. Darren was flirting with her. Gross. Beautiful? Seriously? Arthur could do so much better. Claire thought.

"I like sword fighting, I'm pretty good at it" Claire answered.

"I like sword dueling too, why don't we try fighting later?" asked Darren. The one thing about him that isn't so boring. Thought Claire 

Claire shrugged as said, "Sure." Claire ordered a muffin and Darren ordered a scone. They drank their tea and ate their food in silence. Darren was staring at her. 

"You wanna go for a walk outside now? Looks like we finished our food" Darren said.

"Ok, shouldn't we clean up though?" Claire asked. 

Darren shook his head and chuckled, "No, it's fine, my servants can do it,"

"Oh" is all Claire said. Darren grabbed her hand and pulled her outside. They walked. And walked, until Darren said he needed to 'excuse himself to the restroom'. Claire let out a breathe they've been holding. That's when she spotted Arthur. Oh thank god, finally something that isn't Darren.

"No way! Claire! What's up!" Arthur said, as he made his way towards Claire. 

"Um.. nothing much, I just got some food." Claire responded.

"Interesting, I didn't know the princess ate peasant food." Arthur remarked as a joke. They both giggled. Arthur's eyes kept glancing at Claire's lips and then back to her eyes as they talked. Claire just thought it was because of the stupid amount of lip gloss they put on. 

"So, what brings you out here?" Claire asked.

Arthur said, "First of all, I happen to live here, princess," Claires heart jumped when he said princess, "and second of all, I need to get some new medicine for my mom." Claire's grin suddenly dropped.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry, is your mother okay? How come you never told me about your mother?" Claire asked.

"It's fine, my moms not doing great, I never thought you would care about my life, princess" answered Arthur. Claire's heart cracked a bit.

"What do you mean? I care-" Claire said. Darren finally came back, at the worst moment, from his long piss. He put his arm around Claire. Claire tried to push away his arm, but it wouldn't budge.

"Step away from the princess, peasant" Darren said with venom. 

"Excuse me?" replied Arthur, "who even are you?"

Darren scoffed, and readjusted his collar, and said, "I'm Claire's boyfriend. We are on a date at the moment. Who are you?" Arthur's stomach twisted.

"Claire, what the hell? I thought you said you were just out for food?" Arthur yelled. 

"That was a lie, I'm sorry Arthur, I-" Claire explained. 

"Don't apologize to him, princess, let's leave, this place is dirtying my clothes." Darren responded. 

"I'm sorry, Arthur," Claire whispered in Arthur's ear before she left with Darren. 

Heyyy, thank you for reading so far. I'm having a lot of fun writing this, and I hope you have fun reading this. If you are wondering why I use both she and they pronouns for Claire, it's because the person I based this character off of (my girlfriend) goes by she/they pronouns and I felt like it would be shitty for me not to use those pronouns in this too. But also, Claire (and my gf) is a cis girl, they just like being called they too.