Chapter 3 | Exorcise

(y/n) skips to the bathroom, holding a bright pink box in her hand. Today she was going to surprise Hanako! Her bakery had some limited time only cupcakes that she wanted to share with her new friend.

"Hanako!" she shouts cheerfully as she enters the bathroom. Suddenly the box of cupcakes falls onto the floor. (y/n) takes a step back. "Teru Minamoto?!" she shouts.

The older boy turns around and stares at her. "W-what are you doing? Why do you have a sword?! And why are you in the girls bathroom?!" "Did you just say Hanako?" he asks in a tone she's never heard him speak in before. "Y-yes." the girl stutters. "Are you his friend?" His?

"Y-yes... she's my friend. I-I brought her cupcakes today! Why d-do you ask?" "Can you even see him?" Minamoto asks, squinting at the girl. He sure knows a lot... "N-no... but I know she's there! Are you here to summon her or..." (y/n) trails off as she looks at the sword Minamoto held.

The blonde boy sighs and fishes out a pair of glasses and throws them at (y/n). "Put these on, it's time you know the truth." he says. The truth? What truth? She cautiously puts on the glasses and gapes. There was a huge cage of lightning surrounding Minamoto. It was big and shiny and looked very dangerous.

Minamoto steps aside to reveal a short boy sitting on the ground, crying. The boy had big round orange eyes, an old black uniform, a black hat with a charm on it, and choppy messy black hair. Who was this boy?

"This is Hanako. He is a perverted ghost boy who haunts a girls bathroom. He is an unstable murderer and an evil spirit. I assure you, he only intends on using you and nothing else. I'm not sure what spell he put you under but don't worry, I am going to exorcise him."

Exorcise? Like... kill? "Wait!" (y/n) shouts. Minamoto stares at the girl. "He... I..." The girl stutters trying to find a reason for Minamoto to not exorcise the ghost boy. That's when for the first time (y/n) realized something. Though she called him her friend, she knew nothing about him. What he's done, why he haunts a girls bathroom, what he even looks like. She didn't even know his actual gender! She has no reason to stop Minamoto from killing the boy. But even so.

(y/n) runs in front of the boy. "Please don't hurt him! I know I don't know anything about him and I have no idea what he's done or why he's done it but please! I can't stand there and just watch you kill somebody! Ghost or not, I won't let you harm him!"

Hanako was in shock. Minamoto glares at the girl. "So, you are willing to protect a murder?" "W-what?" "When Hanako was alive, he murdered somebody. He murdered this very own brother as a matter of fact. With that knife right there." Minamoto points to a knife that sat in the far corner of the bathroom.

"He tries to hide it but he really is mentally unstable, he is willing to bring harm to any living the second it displeases him, he's also self-serving and violent. Are you sure you want to be friends with a guy like him?" (y/n) stare at the student council president, unsure what to say.

(first person view)

Is that true? Is he really a murderer? Did he really kill his own brother? I turn around to look at him. He had an expression I've never seen before. Scared, but not quite. Sad but not exactly. Guilty but not quite there. It was horrific. He really did look unstable. Hanako slowly looked up, and stared me in the eye. I flinch.

That's when I saw something in his eyes. I blink and the bathroom disappears. There in Hanako's place sat a little boy. He looked no older than 8. He was crying. Huh? I kneeled down and stared at the boy. Is this Hanako? The boy balled his eyes out and I cupped the boy's face in my hands.

"What's wrong?" I ask, gently. The boy looks at me, tears streaming down his face. "I hate him. I really do!" he shouts. "Who?" "Tsukasa! I hate him! I hate him, I hate him, I HATE HIM!! I WISH HE'D JUST DIE!!" he hollars.

I watch him in shock. Bruises and cuts started to appear all over his body. I could see various memories of his brother as the boy was getting older. I let go of his face. His eyes were filled with pain. So much pain. I could feel it. I shook my body and I trembled under its power.

The boy looks at me. He looks about Hanako's age now. "I killed him. I'm sorry. I'm... so sorry." His eyes had a dead expression in them now, tears falling down his face. He had a knife in his hand. It was covered in blood.

He was trembling all over. That's when he grabbed the knife, and stabbed himself. His head hangs down and his hands fall to his sides. I was in awe. I didn't know what to do. "Hanako... Hanako... Hanako!" I scream. I grab his shoulders but he doesn't move. I could feel the heat draining from his body. "Wake up, wake up, please wake up!" my voice echoes throughout the room.

I blink. There was Hanako, sitting there, tears in eyes, extremely confused. I was back in the bathroom. I stare at him. It worked. It worked on a supernatural.

Fuck.

I let go of his shoulders and stand up. My head hangs low as disappointment and pain flooded my veins. I sigh, spin around, and smile. "I'm sorry Minamoto, but I can't let you exorcise this boy for I've taken a liking to him." I say. Minamoto seemed a bit surprised by the personality 180, but quickly played along. "Is that so? And what would you do if he kills somebody? Do you plan on taking responsibility?" he asks.

"Yes," I state matter of factly. "I will make sure that him and the students play along nicely." "And how will you do that?" "I have my ways." I say. "Care to share those ways?" "I'm sorry but, no. Though I assure you, he will never touch a student again." Minamoto eyes me before withdrawing his sword. "Fine, but if he kills anybody, I'll find him and exorcise him you got that?" I nod.

"Mind if I keep the glasses?" I ask as he heads out. "Sure." he replies, and with that, he was gone. I turned around and looked at the boy who was still sitting on the ground.

"I... I'm sorry." I say to him. He looked confused. "For what?" I lean on the bathroom wall and stare at the stalls. "You had a brother. A twin brother. He didn't treat you well and you hated him for it. You had to act like everything was alright but his verbal abuse became physical. Years pass and one day you couldn't control yourself. After he was gone you followed. You couldn't bear the weight of murder. That is your deepest, darkest, secret."

"H-how do you know all of that?" he stutters. Whether he was stuttering from fear or from anger, I did not know. But he was obligated to know the truth. "Hanako, let me tell you my deepest, darkest, secret." I say, sighing. I stare at the bathroom stalls as I begin.

"I was born with a power. And it's the power to learn a person's deepest, darkest secret."