Chapter 7 | Misaki Stairs (Part 2)

(First person POV)

"She's dead!" "How do you know?" I open my eyes at the sound of mokke. I cough. Where am I? I look around. Was I still in the boundary? It looks completely different. Wait. Where are my glasses?!

I look around frantically for them. "Here!" one of the mokke said. I smiled. "Thank you so much!" I smile taking the glasses and standing up.

I put on my glasses and walk around. It seems like I'm in a forest. There are stone stairs that show that humans have settled here but I didn't recognize the area. I look around and see something sitting on a table in front of me."What's this?" I ask, talking to myself. It's a book!

I picked up the book and read the cover. "Secret. Do not look. Well now I have to read it!" I exclaim. I flip to the first page.

Today I sccard SCARED some students! I was fuun FUN. Teachers comments: Stop scaring students please! - Misaki.

"Is this her book?" I wonder. I flip to the next page.

Misaki cut GRACIOUSLY TRIMMED my hair! I hate Misaki! THANK YOU TEACHER! Teacher's notes: I've fixed it for you! - Misaki

I laugh and flip to the next page.

Today in class I took a photo with Misaki and the other kids too! Teacher's notes: It was a very nice photo! Thank you for participating!

I took out the grey class photo. Is this Misaki? I look at the teacher sitting in the middle of the class. So she isn't Misaki! I flip the page again.

Misaki gave me a pair of haircutting scissors today. He didn't give them to any of the other kids, only to me. I know Misaki loves me now! I will treasure these scissors forever and keep them in the wayside shrine. Misaki is the nicest ever! Teacher's notes: Thank you!

Her handwriting is getting better!

Misaki comes to teach me how to read and write every single day! Thanks to him, I don't even have time to scare students anymore. I wish he would hurry up and get to our lessons though. He takes so long! Teachers notes: I'm glad you enjoy the lessons! I will try to come to your lesson faster from now on!

Suddenly it clicked. She had a crush on her teacher! I giggle. How cute!

Misaki didn't come today! I didn't have a lesson to study so I spent the day playing in the forest and making dolls.

There were no teacher notes. How odd. I flip the page again.

Misaki didn't come today either.

Huh? I flip again.

Misaki didn't come today either.

I flip again.

Misaki didn't come today either.

I flip again.

Misaki didn't come today either.

I flip again.

Misaki didn't come today either.