Chapter 6 | Misaki Stairs (Part 1)

"Hello. This is Misaki. My classroom was at the top of these stairs. I adored my students and they loved to learn. But the place that filled my life with joy is also the place where I died and was dismembered.

Ah, I see you're standing in the exact spot where it happened. Will you do me a favor? Look around and gather the scattered portions of my body for me. Find my arm first. My right arm. That's the one I used to write notes on the chalkboard during lessons. Hurry please, class is about to start and students are waiting." (direct quotes from the anime)

Misaki hangs up. "Well, it seems she's already found her vocal chords." (y/n) comment, sarcastically. A creaking sound fills the air. The two turn around to see a large hourglass flipping upside down. "We have a time limit too? Aw man!" the girl exclaims. "Well of course! She can't wait forever!" Hanako says.

(y/n) huffs. "You seem to know an awful lot about her." "What?" "Nothing. Let's find this arm and get outta here." What? Is she upset? Why? Hanako stares at the girl but the girl never looks at him. Frustrated, he helps find the arm.

And with that, the two started finding arm after arm, leg after leg, eye after- "Why do we find her limbs first? Shouldn't we find a heart and brain and like organs first? Like, people can live without a few toes or fingers!" (y/n) comments.

Hanako shrugs as they put the last eyeball in. The door slowly swung open to reveal another set of stairs. The girl groans. "Don't worry, I think this is the last set of stairs we have to climb." Hanako says.

"It better be." (y/n) says as she takes the stairs by threes. "Hey, be careful!" Hanako calls out. "There is water in boundaries, you could sli-" (y/n) screams as her foot moves out from under her, sending her flying backwards. "(Y/N)!!!" Hanako shouts.

The girl flew through the air and was just about to hit the ground when Hanako caught her. "Woah there! What did I say about being careful?" the boy says. (y/n) blinks, still in shock. Hanako puts her down. "You should be more careful. What if you hurt yourself?" he continues.

"Now, nobody would want that, would they!" Hanako smiles, grabs the shocked girl's hand, and starts walking up the stairs. (y/n) stays silent as she trails behind the boy. She couldn't see it, but Hanako's cheeks had a hint of pink.

The two walk up the stairs, hand in hand, up to the last platform. A shadow lurked in the dark. "Who's there!" (y/n) calls out. A beautiful woman steps into the light. Oh my god she's beautiful! No wonder Hanako likes her! But why does she have all her body parts? Isn't it her body we need to build?

(y/n) was getting nervous and tensed up. Hanako felt her hand squeeze his. She's squeezing my hand? Is she nervous? Hanako looks straight and gives her a small squeeze back.

Did he just squeeze my hand? What does he want? The girl lets go of Hanako's hand immediately as Misaki runs towards their... questionable looking body. What? What did I do this time? She makes no sense!

"What a beautiful body!" Misaki exclaims. "This is nothing like any of the bodies that I've seen before! I'm certain it will work! Isn't that right, my Misaki." Wait... She's not Misaki? The woman blows a kiss onto the body and a yellow glow enters it's chest.

The body stands up and starts moving. (y/n) and Hanako back away as the body collapses onto the ground. "What a shame. Another failure." the beautiful woman mutters. Failure? How can you even pass?!

"Everything has just been failure after failure. This is tiring. Oh well, I suppose it's business as usual. Time to cut you up into tiny pieces." She whips out a huge pair of scissors out of nowhere and starts attacking.

Hanako whips out his knife and starts fighting the woman. "It's nice being able to fight you like this No. 7 but we're in my territory. You can't beat me here." she says. "I know, though there is somebody here I need to protect." Hanako replies. "Is that so? Then why don't I start with her?"

The woman runs past Hanako and heads straight for (y/n). Terrified, the girl runs as the woman swings her scissors. "Get away from her!" Hanako screams as he runs up to the two and tries to defend (y/n).

The woman pushes him aside and swings her scissors at (y/n). (y/n) leans backwards and it just barely misses her. Suddenly, (y/n) felt herself falling. She looks down. She was falling over the edge.

"(y/n)! NO!" was the last thing the girl heard before falling over the edge and into the deep water.