Chapter 5 | Hugs

"How on earth did you break this thing?" Minamoto asks. "It fell from that tower." (y/n) says, pointing to the tower she and Hanako went to during lunch. "Why were you even there?" the confused student council president asks.

"I forgot to bring candy to school today so the yousei stole my lunchbox and put it up there. Hanako helped me get it down, but my glasses fell and broke in the process." "I see, and you're asking me for another one?" (y/n) nods.

Minamoto reaches into his pockets and grabs a pair of plastic glasses. "This pair has already been cursed so you can use these." he says, handing the glasses over to the girl. "Cursed?" "Yeah, they are all normal glasses. You can see Hanako because I put a spell on them."

Ooooooh. (y/n) nods. "Thank you Minamoto-senpai! I'll see you tomorrow!" she bids. And with that, (y/n) was heading off to the girls bathroom.

She puts on her glasses as she waltzes into the bathroom, though there seemed to be no sign of Hanako. "Do I have to summon him or-" "Boo!" (y/n) screams. "Man, you are so scarable!" Hanako exclaims.

(y/n) tries to punch Hanako but Hanako dodges and floats behind the girl. "Aw, if you want to touch me then just say so. I'll gladly agree." he says, wrapping his arms around the girl. (y/n) freezes, unable to move.

"My, my, my! I didn't know you would be that flustered from my touch!" Hanako says. "No, it's not that-" "Then what is it?" Hanako whispers into her ears. A shiver went up (y/n)'s spine. Hanako smiles. Let's see how she gets out of this one. "Hanako..."

"You're a living refrigerator!! I'm freezing!" (y/n) shouts. "This again!" "You're cold!" "What are you, coldblooded?!" "Just get off my already!" "Why should I?!" "Because you're being creepy!"

Hanako blinks. "Oh... sorry." he mutters, letting go of you. (y/n) watches him in surprise as he floats over to the window sill and takes a seat. The girl blinks. He was being a bit creepy but I didn't think that phrase would get him this down... (y/n) felt a bit... bad."... Um, Hanako." "... Yes?" "I.... It's not that I don't like hugs just... next time, tell me what you're going to do a few seconds in advance okay?"

Hanako stares at the girl blankly. (y/n) refused to make eye contact with the boy. "Then... Can I hug you right now?" Gee this kid really does want to give me frostbite. "S-sure." (y/n) mutters.

Hanako jumps off the window sill and walks over to (y/n) before slowly wrapping his arms around her warm body. (y/n)'s blushes slightly as she wraps her arms around the shorter boy.

Truth be told, (y/n) really hated hugs. Hugs displayed closeness and closeness was troublesome. Even if (y/n) already knew a person's deepest, darkest, secret, she still didn't like them. But for some reason, she didn't mind Hanako's hug.

It was cold and uncomfortable, but she didn't care. Even if she felt cold wherever Hanako touched her, she still felt warm on the inside.

The two let go, neither actually looking at one another. Hanako reclaims his seat on the window sill and (y/n) leans against the wall. Silence fills the room for what feels like an eternity. "So.... why did you come here today?" Hanako asks, trying to break the awkward silence.

"I'm your babysitter. I need to look after you." (y/n) replies matter of factly. "Well, then what do you want to do?" he asks. The girl looks at him for the first time in minutes. "Have you heard the Misaki stairs rumor?" Hanako looks up, his normal expression back.

"Yes, actually. And I plan on making her return her seat number." "And how do you plan on doing that, Lord No. 7?" Lord?

Flashback:

Yesterday after their argument about their handshake...

(Hanako explains his job and what he does)

"Oh yeah, and since I'm the leader of the 7 wonders, the other wonders often call me Lord or Honorable!" Hanako brags. "Oh. That's cool." the girl replies, actually listening.

End of Flashback

Hanako feels his cheeks fill with heat. He quickly looks away. "Um, well I... I was just um... planning on going um, to her, you know... boundary and um... well destroying the... um the yorishiro... yeah... that's all!"

Hanako has never stuttered so much in his entire being. Going to her boundary? And him stuttering so much. Does he have, like, a crush on this Misaki girl? "That's it? Just go in there and ask her to hand over her Yorishiro?" (y/n) asks. (Hanako has already explain yorishiros)

"Y-yup!" "Nothing else?" "Nothing else!" "Okay then, let's go." the girl says. Hanako blinks. "Wait, like right now?" "What? Do we have to wait for you to fix your hair? Yeah!" "Okay, okay, I'm coming!" Geez who rubbed her the wrong way?

The two make their way to the school and in front of the staircase. Stairs have never looked so menacing. "So you're sure we won't die if we step on the stairs?" (y/n) asks. "Positive! The stairs will just bring us to her boundary." "If you say so..."

Hanako looks over at the nervous girl. "If you're scared, you can hold my hand you know." he says in a bit of a teasing tone. "Who wants to hold your hand? I prefer not having to amputate my hand thank you." (y/n) snaps. What's her deal?! A few minutes ago she was perfectly fine with us hugging and now she won't even hold my hand?!

"Are you coming or not?" Hanako looked up and the girl who was already on the 3rd step. "Oh, yeah I'm coming!" Well, better get this over with.