Chapter 10 - Set In Stone

Now you go march right in there and make that woman your girlfriend!

Haha.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Lunch continued quietly. It was awkward for everyone. Mama Uzaki looked at Hana. Then looked at you. Happy that this will be worked out today. Just a matter of when. Tsuki Uzaki finished her meal and excused herself from the table. Leaving the new couple to sort things out. She was going to let them be. That would be the smartest thing to do. 

"So, what do you think of me?" Hana asked. 

"Me of you?" You asked. "A cute girl who cares, appreciates, smiles, laughs, and you just have the energy that I really like. But I'm wondering about you. You liking me and such."

"Well... I'm glad you treat me like an adult even though I'm giddy and fun sized." She smiled and looked right at you. 

"I wouldn't treat you differently. Heck, Halo likes you. When I talked to her this morning she kind of gave me that certain look." Remember how she doesn't like current people? She liked you. Hesitant around Shin at first. Now here we are. Simple as that."

"My cats take time. But were you staring at one of them or at my mom's chest?" She had to ask.

Tsuki's hairs stuck up on the back of her neck. Eep! 

"No..." You felt very annoyed after that question. "Why would I stare at your mother?"

"That's good." Hana finally was able to normally smile without the blush.

Thank goodness. My word. I guess I am overreacting. 

"So Hana, where to from here?" You asked her. 

"I don't know. You're at a girl's house (FN). Naughty." She smirked.

"Didn't you extend the invitation? Naughty."

She pouted. "Backfired joke."

"No matter what facial reactions you just have a huggable face."

"So, I guess I'm your girlfriend?"

"I'd hope so. I think our friends will be questionable yet ecstatic. But it's got me thinking Hana. Dating or not, you want to just head out and do something? Casual, formal dress, whatever."

She giggled. "You want to see me in a dress that badly?"

"Hey now. I wanted to plan a date. Aren't we supposed to basically be best friends and tell each other everything?"

"Besides entanglements?"

You sighed. "I just deemed myself as boyfriend and you're talking about entanglements and cheating? Come on Hana!"

"So, what about Jessa?" She pondered.

"We were never together. You know that. Besides, too toxic. Unlike her I don't play games and I know what I want. Plus, I think you would understand if I'm tried and not want to go all the way on the other side of the city or pay a taxi to go all the way out of my way just to grab a drink."

"Well yeah. You can grab fried chicken and beer in a lot of places." She batted her lashes.

"Alright. Not a bar guy but there is one where I will see if we can get a recommendation. Make sure it's clean and all of that."

She smiled. "Thanks Hun."

"Maybe I can phone a friend. Ichiro is always at these nice spots. I don't know his schedule so I will leave him a text."

< Hey Ichiro, what's a bar you would get fried chicken at beer at? >

Cling.

< Who you with? >

< Just me and the lady? >

< New girl? Nice man. >

< Yeah. So, you got a spot? >

< Of course I do. Asa and I know a spot. It's called Javelin. A bar that's a little off from the Sakura Bazaar. >

< I know exactly where that is. Thanks Ichiro. >

< No problem. Double date sometime? Ask her first or get to know her a little better. Be good man. >

< Later. > 

"You ever heard of a bar called Javelin?" You asked Hana while putting your phone down.

"I haven't. Might have just passed it a time or two but thought nothing of it. You thinking we should head there and eat at the counter tonight?"

"Sounds good." Wow. This is much better. Almost normal like. Casual setting at a place and it feels like a friendship. It seems like when we both thought about it, we kind of shut down and got nervous. Not like we kissed or anything. But, don't you kiss before being a boyfriend or girlfriend?

~~~~~

Time passed in her room playing co-op. It was a pretty funny and awesome sight seeing her in racing games too. Hana might as well as put on a helmet, gloves, and a fireproof suit on. She was into it. There were different kinds of gamer girls. The thot type which would be the girls showing of on a camera online, the edgy which they were into it and full of rage, the casual where they play here and there but didn't take it seriously where they make a big commitment, and then Hana's type being the passionate. She was into the story, the life, the adventure, and even though an RPG might be out of her element, it fit her character as a person. 

Gaming with Hana was an amazing time. And before the two of you got hungry, it was time to shut everything down and leave for Javelin. Then you could continue this night having a dinner out at a bar and heading back to her place. To make sure she's home safe and might game for a bit. But not too much because you have class. 

Entering the place the person at the door thinks Hana looks a little young. The eyes look innocent, but the chest isn't. Hana Uzaki knows what corruption is by a long mile. As the two of you reach the counter there is a female bartender that is staring at her chest. Not the first time a woman in front of you is obviously staring at the dirty pillows. 

"Hi there... What are we having today?" She asked. 

"You first." You offer her.

"An Asahi and the Tso special." She looked over at you. "I'm assuming you're having what I'm having?"

"Sounds good to me. Please." You nod at the waitress.

"Alright. I'll get your drinks and let the chef know." She smiled and turned away to get to it. 

You look at Hana and notice that it was a good time to go. The counter is only half full. "Not bad." Nodding with a smile. "I guess this is our first date?"

"Seemingly so." She smiled at you. 

"Seems that way. With that said thanks for everything. It's been great. I really had fun and was able to be myself. You might say well duh, but first time around I've had it happen."

"Yeah. You have a lot of time tonight?" She asked.

"I got to get back at a decent time and got to check on Halo. That's about it. Then just classes and work tomorrow. That sort."

The bartender drops off two beers for the two of you. Hana picks hers up. "I won't keep you for too long then." She raises her glass. "Cheers."

You raise your glass. "To us?"

"Yeah. To us."

~~~~~

More to come.

-Rel