Chapter 1 - Reunion

I got told that there was no Uzaki-chan on Wattpad. Not sure how true that is as of 10/26/2020, but I'm here. Hi-hi. 

Let's get down to business. Hana deserves a lover who is more friendly and approachable. Let alone likeable. Sakurai is a standup guy, but let's take a little more friendly guy in there. I hope you like the OC here.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

There was a little bit of a slow at the café. Boss and Ami offered Sakurai and Hana for a cup of coffee before the rush came through for the day. The Boss and Ami sat on stools behind the counter as Sakurai and Hana sat on the customer side with fresh cups with plates underneath them. It was peaceful. And a quiet enough atmosphere to talk about a few things. Which includes a few random topics at that. 

Sakurai just picked up his phone to see if anyone had reached out to him. 

(FN)

Hey Shin, you working tomorrow?

(Short for Shinichi)

"Hmmm. I wonder how he's doing?" Pondered Sakurai.

"Who's that?" Asked Hana. 

"You remember (LN) from high school?" He asked.

"(LN)? I don't know. Who is it?"

"Ah. Then maybe its a little brief. He was on the swim team and stopped senior year."

"Well you didn't swim after high school." Replied Hana. 

"I wanted to focus on current areas in my life. (FN) got hurt." Nodded Sakurai as he took a sip of his coffee. 

"So what happened to the poor man?" Asked Boss.

"Trapezius tear. Lower neck and inner shoulder. He thought about rehab and rest but he had to end up going along with the surgery."

"Wow. I remember hearing about it a little, but I don't think I remember him clearly. (FN). Huh." Hana was trying to create an image of a certain face. "I can't visualize him."

Ami adjusted her glasses with a smirk. "Maybe you could invite him here. Get to know him. Have a chance to reconnect."

"I can leave him a text. Not sure what will happen from there. I don't know his schedule in that regard. Hold on."

Sakurai

I'm working today and tomorrow. Though any chance you're free right now?

(FN)

Yeah. What's up?

Sakurai

You know the cafe two streets over from the main building on campus?

(FN)

Yeah? You work there? No kidding. I'm actually just getting out of a class. I'm around the corner. See you in a minute.

Sakurai 

Walk right in.

"Ummm. That was rather unexpected." He put his phone in his pocket. "He should be here in just a few minutes. He's right by the school."

"I wonder if I know him. You never know. It gets interesting. Maybe he remembers you Hana." Winked Ami. 

"I have no idea." Hana shrugged. 

"Either way he is welcomed here. Happy to meet him." Said the Boss. 

It wasn't much longer until there was a ring from the bell on the door. An average height guy and a bright smile. Waving hello as he approached the counter. "One regular black coffee please." He put his bag down by his feet. "Hey Shin. Ladies. Sir. How's everyone?"