Chapter 5 - Entering Work

What happens when Hana comes to your work?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Statistics was mostly done as you headed into work. After two cups of coffee at the café and Hana's company, you were in high spirits. Though there was a different supervisor on duty. This character Moy was one of those laid back guys. He was down to earth and laid back. As you punched in he was there to greet you while he was at his desk. 

"Ayyy, (FN). What's happening?"

"Class, coffee, homework, ate, and now here. You know how it is."

"That I do. Don't kill yourself in the process man. Don't do it for here. I care about your well being and don't want you to breakdown on me. You're too good of a guy."

You were wondering the details on that one. "Mentally or physically?"

"Either. You got more important things going on. You got a woman and a life right?"

"Ehhh, its, well, kinda complicated." You turned away.

"Dude you good? Be real with me. Something up?"

"Well Moy, I kinda have to move on to the girl I'm talking to. She's great on paper, but I just can't keep going at this rate. She has other motives and goals and her priorities aren't the same as mine. As much as I'd like to not go to school, do what I love, and drink wine along with sleeping in, I feel like we just don't have that chemistry."

"Damn. That's heavy on the mind. You went through this crap all day?"

You chuckled. "Funny you should ask. Went to cafe, sat down with some coffee, and I talked to Hana who worked there. In my mind I got to let Jessa go and just work on me and just take it easy. Well, I'd love to organize another date, but I know I have to step back from Jessa. She is too extra for me."

"Extra? Cat cafe is one thing. But you're working and she's not appreciating?"

"I don't think she gets it. She plays hard to get too. And she got jealous of Hana."

"Wait, you invited the cafè to your apartment? I would too." Laughed Moy.

"Hana and Shin have been friends for a while. Hana was making dinner, Shin played with Halo, and she drank wine and made me concerned. As soon as she saw Hana's chest everything changed."

"I doubt that. Come on man. Be easy with it. Just be cool."

The door opened up. You went to the door to see who it was. And when you did, it just sounds awfully convenient that she would be standing there.

"Senpai!" Chimed Hana.

"Hana hey. Did you know I worked here?"

"Well kinda. I was getting a drink. You been working long?"

"I got in a few minutes ago. What's up?"

My looked over to see the commotion. I see what Jessa is jealous about. Cute, pretty, busty. That's majority of what many men want in a woman. Short and big up top, bright eyes, and seems like the bubbly type. And she was cooking for everyone? My goodness. Women get jealous of that. I hope he wasn't that plain stupid.

"Sakurai Senpai and I are gaming tonight. I wanted something to keep me up for it before I go home, bathe, and head to sleep."

"Sweet. I got a mellow night of just clearing out boxes. That's it. Literally it. Though try a Rise. You never know. It'll keep you up, but its a mellow feeling. Its like a good tea but stronger."

She nodded and walked over to the back wall. "I'll hold you to that Senpai. Because I have no idea how he does boss raids the way he does. It's like he's mechanical or something like that." Which was true. Maybe that's why he was fearful to many. 

"He has the persona for it right? I mean, what else do you call it?"

"But we all know Senpai has a softer side to him. Though I wonder how you find out more of that. He always has this wall around him. It gets annoying sometimes. You know like when he tries to get his point across but then a cat crawls in the room and meows at him?"

"Basically homework and Halo walks in the room for attention. Yes. Been there plenty of times. Any questions? I might be able to help you out with this. It sounds like I got another mellow one so take your time as I open a box or two." You start with two boxes of candies to put on the shelves. Have to multitask. You are on the clock after all. 

"How do you keep him mellow and friendly?"

"You see it right in front of you. Jazz music, nekos, fine foods. Not fine, but tasty. You see it. I see it. And personally, you and I are the shine in his life. Otherwise God forbid what he would be like. Ugh."

Hana realized this. "Senpai..."

You stopped for a moment and looked over. "Yeah?"

"You need to make more time with us. We can study together and cook and all of that. Maybe next time Jessa is over it will be better. Sorry about the whole thing."

"Well as I said, better to move on. I'm over it. Hard adjustment, but its just how it is. And even though you're high-pitched and all, you can be more mature than her."

"Awww, thanks Senpai. See you tomorrow?"

"You know it. Good luck." 

"Thanks Senpai. Don't work too hard." Hana went over to the counter to pay. Though she didn't see the manager wave you over and lip something to you. 

< Go for it! >

< What!? >

< She's hot! >

< Baka! > You point the finger at him.

Hana had a bag held and waved on her way out. "Night Senpai."

"Okay dude really!?" You yell for Moy to hear you. It's just employees in here now. 

"What? I said go for it. Clearly if you can't tell why Jessa was jealous than I am wondering just how dense you are as a man. Those things are big enough to land a plane on."

"You want to talk to Hana like that you got another thing coming. You better not Moy."

"Ayyy! Easy there Tiger. Rawr." He winked at you. "Just looking out for ya. But seriously. Those a dangerous weapon to the eyes. Carful flirting with her if you know what I mean. Seems like there is someone on her radar. Keep you enemies closer than your friends. Got it?"

"Got it. Though like I said, why? Just why?"

"She might be good for you. Chemistry buddy. Chemistry."

"Riiight..."

~~~~~

Though how would you make the first move?

-Rel