Chapter 4 - After Lecture Lounge

Post class.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Today was just a hard day. It was going to be this last lecture, do some homework, eventually eat, and then head to work. Though Professor Choo's Statistics lecture was getting daunting after two hours. During this you were able to crack a little bit of the assignment due in two days and get onto other work such as an essay to have all research and ten pages done within a week from today. As one can imagine, never a dull moment for a college student. To make it more interesting, Jessa texted you. 

Jessa

Hey. What's up?

(FN)

Just getting out of lecture. Thank God I got a break before work tonight. You?

Jessa

I'm by the cat cafe a few blocks away from my apartment. 

(FN)

Woah, cat cafe?

Jessa

Yeah. Want to come?

(FN)

I just got out of class. I need to head back and get this BS Statistics done. 

Jessa

I mean I guess. If it can't wait I get it. 

(FN)

Wish you were closer.

Jessa

It is what it is. I won't bug you.

"Now how the hell am I supposed to respond to that?" You sighed. 

(FN)

Call you tonight?

Jessa

I'll see. Me and the girls might do a dinner out. 

(FN)

Enjoy yourself.

That was it. Nothing else recieved. 

"Helps, no one." You put your phone in your pocket and start to walk off the campus. Maybe try and clear your head before your mind fills with equations and formulas. "Where to?" You asked yourself. "Wait... Hmmm, wonder who's at the café?"

It seems like the best course of action. Go in, have yourself some really good coffee, and have the jazz relax you. Talk to some good people and that will suffice before going to the apartment to do homework before punching the clock. Seems that it is the best bet. 

You enter the shop. Ami was right there to greet you. "Hey you, how's it going?"

"Back from a painful lecture and such.  I'll just grab a spot at the counter."

"Hot coffee?" She asked with a smile.

"Don't you know it. Thank you." You walk over to the counter as Hana and Boss greet you. "How's it going everyone?"

"I know that face." The Boss put his dishes down to dry. "What subject?"

"Statistics." You nod.

"Scientific math. New formulas I take it?" He asked.

"That's right."

"I've seen Ami's work. I get it. Take your time and relax. It's just the three of us. Sakurai doesn't work today. He's most likely in class."

"Here you are. Enjoy it slowly." Ami served you your coffee cup and dish.

"I will. The three of you are great."

"How are you outside of all of this (FN)?" Asked Hana.

"Well..."

"Is that girl being fishy again and playing games with you?"

"How did you know?" You look up and see those big eyes. Looks like they can see through anything at this point.

"Women know things." She giggled. "So what is it? She wishy-washy? Jealous?"

"I didn't want to go halfway across the city to go to a cat cafe and she kinda just got annoyed with me I guess. I don't know anymore. I don't think I'm going to bother with her again."

"You seemed happy with her. What is it?"

Hana asked and Ami and Boss naturally were curious. Lady troubles with a women that you're not official with. They know you work hard, and some ladies in fashion are hard to deal with. Call it spoiled or entitled, but to many more, unfair.

"I understand putting yourself first, but on my priority list she's probably fifth, on her list I'm more so fifteenth. It comes across that way. Here I am working hard and instead of relax its go go go. And what happens when I want to kick back? She gets pissy. Not saying you have to be a gamer, or change, but can we find a medium? Everytime I see her its adventure that's her choice or a bottle of wine."

"Geez. You're not the wine and cheese guy. You're more of the kick back after a hard day and do something cool on the days off if you can." Hana's kind words felt soothing. Ami and Boss watched and allowed her to work her magic.

"I'm an open book to you. Aren't I?"

"Well you kind of are Senpai (FN)."

"Don't worry, I won't bop you on top of the head either. What do I look like?"

"Well..."

You glared at her. "Reeeeeaaaaallly?"

"Hehe. No. You're nice. Which is why you don't need her. And the insecurities? She's got her dream job and is pretty. She's tall, hot, and confident and here I am at school figuring it all out. You know how it is."

So now that you are at this stage it might be a good idea to string this along. See what else you can get out of her. "So what do you think I should do next?"

"Cougar hunt." She chimed.

Ami and Boss had their ears tickle. Their hair nearly spiking up as they watch you gasp. "EEEEHHHH!?"

"Joking!" Hana just laughed. Hitting her hand on the table and all. "Ah Senpai. HA-HA! Did you really think I wanted you to do that?"

"Hard telling. But we're talking late 30s early 40s with a body in shape? That's what you were referring to?"

"Maybe you can go older and she can take real good care of you." Hana stopped so she could breath. "Ah Senpai, you're too much."

"Me? I'm too much?" You take a big sip of your coffee. "Might need another one at this given rate. Holy Hell."

"C'mon. I got you to loosen up a bit." You nod and give her a big smile. That she did. You needed it too. "You're right. About everything. And you're putting confidence and laughs into me. No wonder why Shin and you are friends."

"Why? Because he has that look in his eyes that goes all the way to his soul?" Hana pondered.

"His frontal look is intimidating, but you have to look past all of that. On the inside he would have ran all the way to that cat café and ordered cakey."

"Cakey..." Hana's eyes widened.

"Yeah. Seeing him walking down the street you don't see it. But I do. Just like I see you being the sunshine in here."

Hana cuddled herself in happiness. "Awww, you're too nice."

"Hey Hana, I'll take another coffee. My apartment can wait. Halo has food and water as well."

"Alright. One minute." She walked off to get another cup of coffee.

Ami and Boss just looked at the two of them.

Maybe.

Perhaps.

We were wrong originally.

~~~~~

About who or what?

-Rel