46. Sore Losers and Surprises

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

"HA BINGO! SUCK IT, POTTER!"

"NOOOOO! I only had one spot left!" James huffed, throwing his remaining bingo chips toward a gloating Sirius, a majority of them missing the Gryffindor and hitting an unamused Slytherin lounging by the Black Lake. "This bloody muggle game is rubbish! Does anyone else find it odd that Sirius has beaten me every game so far and his girlfriend just so happens to be the one pulling the numbers?" he questioned, looking to the group for help before sending a suspicious glare toward Evelyn.

Evelyn rolled her eyes at her bespectacled friend, a hint of amusement shining in her eyes. "James, if you think that after two hours of this I'm still interested enough to help Sirius cheat, you are sorely mistaken." Two hours. Two Dreadful hours of Sirius's victorious shouts and James insisting on yet another round because surely he couldn't lose twenty-eight times in a row. It had started with the whole group playing, however, after half an hour Marlene and Emily had opted to lounge against the oak tree and browse through magazines instead, Lily following soon after. Remus and Holly made it nearly an hour before tapping out, and despite his best efforts, Peter lost interest around twenty minutes ago, leaving the two most stubborn of the group to face off ever since.

"Just give it up, Jamsie, you're never gonna beat me," Sirius boasted, a cocky grin plastered on his face as he reached to give his friend a demeaning pat on the back. "And for the record, nobody likes a sore loser."

"Just because I have yet to win a single game doesn't make me a loser! You've just been lucky today, that's all."

"See, that's exactly something a loser would say," Sirius replied nonchalantly.

"Mate, your girlfriend's first kiss was with your little brother. Who's the real loser here?"

"Piss off, Prongs!" Sirius groaned, cringing as Evelyn nearly choked on the mouthful of water she had just sipped.

James, barely dodging Sirius's knee which had aimed for a particularly sensitive area, defended, "Hey, I was just saying what we were all thinking!"

"You know, I did wonder when someone was going to bring that up," Marlene added in, earning a disapproving nudge from her girlfriend who was tucked under her arm. "What?!"

Peter's eyes shifted from the comic book in his lap to Sirius. "You know, it is pretty awkward when you think about it—"

"Okay, everyone, we get it!" Evelyn interrupted, grabbing a pouty Sirius by the hand and pulling him to the ground beside her before planting a kiss on his slightly flushed cheek. However, as she turned to face the group again, Sirius's hand slid to her cheek, catching her face and crashing his lips into hers with a fiery intensity that emptied her mind of any thoughts other than the rough, passionate movement of his mouth.