☆ DREAMCATCHER ☆

DISCLAIMERAll characters of the Harry Potter universe rightfully belong to *She-who-must-not-be-named *

DISCLAIMER
All characters of the Harry Potter universe rightfully belong to *She-who-must-not-be-named *.

COPYRIGHT
All original characters belong fully to me. This story is not to be republished on any format without my permission.

☆ ☆ ☆

"I think we dream so we don't have to be apart for so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time." - A.A. Milne

☆ ☆ ☆

The story of the Dreamcatchers was an ancient tale. A story that had been passed through generations of magical families.

The tale focused on a young girl named Tauria.

Tauria had lived an unfortunate life, left to an orphanage as a newborn by her grief-filled father, whose wife had been cruelly ripped away from him by the violent hands of childbirth.

The small, bare orphanage offered little to give to the young girl aside from meager meals and a roof over her head. It was enough to keep her alive but gave little more.

As Tauria aged, she fell in to monotony, simply living her life because that was what she had to do. As the children around her left to lead joyful lives in the company of their new families, the girl remained.

The loneliness and anxiety that constantly plagued her were becoming too much, and one night, Tauria found herself begging for something— anything to come and break her out of the darkness in which she was living.

She was not aware of it, but Tauria's pleads were heard that night by a magical spirit. Sorrow engulfed the spirit as it learned of the poor girl whose lifetime had been spent full of isolation and misfortune. The spirit longed to help Tauria but struggled to think of a way. After hours of contemplation, the spirit had an idea— a brilliant idea. He would conjure Tauria a companion and place them in her dreams. Someone whom she could confide in; Someone who could bring her joy.

A Dreamcatcher.

The Dreamcatcher was called Amadeus, and the spirit sent him to Tauria that night in her sleep. At first, the girl simply thought he was a figment of her own imagination, ceasing to exist once she opened her eyes.

Tauria was partially right, for when she woke in the morning, Amadeus had vanished along with any recollection she once had of him. However, she was greeted by Amadeus again four nights later as her sleeping mind began to wander, and after weeks of seeing the boy in her dreams, she began to doubt that her mind was playing tricks on her.

Amadeus was called to Tauria's dreams night after night, gaining her trust as she shared her feelings, confiding in him about the darkness of her past. Amadeus brought comfort to Tauria just as the spirit had hoped, and soon, even after waking, the weight of the miserable life she had been living was carried off of her shoulders.