My Birthday Dream

*NOTE, This book does not follow the plot of any of the movies, although it does most closely correlate with The Curse of the Black Pearl.*

"y/n! You don't have to do this!"

"I do Jack, I'm so sorry."

You felt the boat hit the rocks, signaling your time to jump, you gave Jack one last look and leapt over the side of the ship.

"She's gone Captain, you have to let her go..."

"No Gibbs, I cant, not this time."

--Present day--

You open your eyes to your curtains being thrown open by an all to happy Elizabeth.

"Move it y/n, you're going to be late for your big day if you spend one more minute underneath those sheets", Elizabeth chirped excitedly.

"One more second Lizzy, I was up way to late last night to be waking up at the crack of dawn this morning"

You and Elizabeth Swan had lived together for 19 years (as of today), her father and your parents had been close friends since before you were born. Lizzy was one year older than you, and she made the perfect big sister as well as the best best friend you could ever ask for. Today was your 20th birthday, and the 19th anniversary of you being part of the Swan family. You didn't like to tell people much about your story of moving in with the Swans, but every time someone would ask you always told the truth; on your first birthday, your parents took you on a large ship, "The Grand Cassada", for the day, and later that night the ship was hijacked by pirates. You survived (obviously), but your parents, and the rest of the passengers on the ship weren't so lucky. To this day you don't know how you got so lucky as to survive but here you are. You were sent to the Swans, who gladly took you in, and you've been part of the family ever since.

"y/n", Lizzy whined, "Come on, get up, I'm excited for today too you know, ohh and you have to see the dress father and I bought for your special day!"

"ugg ok I'm getting up liz, but you better have a HUGE breakfast ready for me when I come down"

Elizabeth giggled, "okay birthday girl"

She walked out of your room and closed your door behind her.

"huh" you sighed, the truth was you went to bed at 8:00 pm last night but you tossed and turned, with the same nightmare you had had the night before every single one of your birthdays in the past. The nightmare was the very same down to each little detail every year without fail. For as long as you could remember, you were haunted with a pirate ship coming closer and closer and your parents screams as they tried to hold onto you.

The nightmare always ended the same. Death.

You had never set foot on a ship since that day, but truth be told, you were always craving adventure, you wanted to be in the open ocean, care free, and, however scared you were of pirates, you still wanted to be next to one.

Lizzy had found a pirates necklace at some point when she was younger, and she wouldn't tell you much about it, but you knew it had to be special because she made you promise to keep it a secret.

But that didn't matter now, you were awake and you had to get moving or Lizzy would be up in your room again, but this time yelling at you to get ready to go.

You slipped out of your covers and changed into the dress Lizzy had left for you, she wasn't wrong the dress was stunning, It was powder blue and long with gold details and a flowing hoop skirt.

After you were changed, Giselle, your maid fixed your hair into an up do on the top of your head with curls and braids. This hairstyle suited your, y/h/t, y/h/c, hair perfectly.

"Thank you Giselle", you said shooting up and running out your door.

You rushed down your stairs feeling the Jamaican breeze rush through the open windows, you couldn't complain about Port Royal, it had everything you could ever want and the weather was always beautiful.

"There's my birthday girl!" your father (Governor Swan) said as you reached the bottom of the stairs.

*NOTE, you do call him father because you have lived with him since you were one*

"Good Morning Father" you said wrapping your arms around him tightly.

"Happy Birthday y/n!", said a voice from behind you.

"Will!", you exclaimed as you rushed over to him, "what are you doing here?"

"I wouldn't miss saying Happy Birthday to you for the world", he smiled, "but I also have business with your father", he said holding out a sword to show you.

"Oh, I see", you said "you coming wouldn't have anything to do with seeing Elizabeth, would it", you smiled.

"Y/N", Elizabeth and Will shouted at the same time.

"I'm just joking", you giggled, even though you weren't, Will Turner had been a family friend for forever and it was painfully obvious that he adored Elizabeth, and, although Lizzy would never admit it, she liked him too.

"Girls go to the table I'll be there when I'm done talking to Mr. Turner, we do have a big day planned after all." Father said.

"Bye Will" you smiled, rushing into the dining hall, "Bye Will" Lizzy said, blushing.

"Bye Elizabeth" he smiled back.

--Later in the day--

You, your father, and Lizzy were walking down a busy street poking in and out of stores and laughing.

"Ah Governor, ladies, lovely day", said a male voice from behind you.

"Good Afternoon Commander General" your father replied, turning around to face him.

You and Lizzy gave each other an annoyed glance and turned around to greet him as well.

"Afternoon", you both smiled politely.

The Commander was expected to propose to your sister within the coming weeks, and to Lizzy's demise she was expected to say yes.

He had a brother two years younger than him who was expected to propose to you shortly after your sisters wedding.

"Are you lovely ladies coming to my ball this evening", he smirked.

"Oh silly me", said your father, "I cant believe I forgot to mention it, I've been so busy you know".

You and Lizzy looked at him in confusion.

"Girls", he started, but he couldn't finish because the commander interrupted him.

"The ball starts at six this evening, and I would love to have you all there," the commander grinned.

"Now I must be on my way, I do hope to see you tonight", he said brushing Lizzy's arm with his finger.

Lizzy waited for him to leave before bursting out, "Ugh father we're not going tonight, right?"

"Oh nonsense Lizzy, that's your future husband, and we will be in attendance."

"But father", I started.

"No buts, what I say is final, now lets hurry home to get ready."