The Ship

"Captain Jack Sparrow at your service"

--At the Docks--

"Alright then you live here lass, so which ship would be the best to take?" Jack said.

"Well we shouldn't take that one" you said, pointing at 'L'nard', "That's the most used ship around here , people will notice that it's gone before we even board her" you said, looking around for Jack.

"Perfect", you heard him mumble from atop the 'L'nard'.

"Bloody hell, what are you doing up there?" you whisper shouted at him.

"Stealing a ship" he smiled back down at you, the sun was starting to rise over the hills in the east, and you knew you had to hurry before your beloved port was completely destroyed.

"Jack" you called up.

"Yes love?"

"Why can't we just take the ship that the other pirates stole from you again?" you asked climbing up to board the ship.

"They put a curse on it and until I can get them to remove the curse I can't set foot on board."

"What makes you so sure that they will remove the curse, I mean they stole the ship from you because they want it right?"

Jack was at the wheel now getting everything set up for his big plan.

"Well" he said glancing at you, "The curse is affecting them as well, that's why they came to your precious Port Royal, they need to find a necklace to undo the curse," at the mention of the necklace you immediately thought of Lizzy's, and that made you all the more worried for her.

Jack continued, "and by curse I mean they're dead, but they have all the struggles of an alive man. They're starving to death but they can't eat, they're extremely thirsty but they can never quench their thirst. So you see, their plan was to capture me and dump me in Davey Jones' locker, undo the curse and sink me ship, because well, if they can't have me ship, they don't want anyone else havin' her, but they went wrong fast, see you can't get rid of me love."

Jack made eye contact with you in the last part of his story, and had moved very close to you while he was speaking. He now stood a little less than a foot away from you and he stared down at you with his deep brown eyes.

All of a sudden you felt how fast your heart was beating and you became very aware of that feeling in your lower stomach. You could smell him, he smelled like rum, which you had despised earlier in the night but now you found yourself wanting to be closer to him just to smell this smell and mayb-

"Alright lass" Jack smiled down at you wrecking your train of thought, "Now I know you would love to stand here all day looking at me, but we must get moving if this plan will work."

You turned around and shrugged it off, Jack called to you to do various things around the ship and finally it was time to put his plan in action.

"Follow me love" he said, leading you down to the bottom of the ship, it was dark down at the bottom, and it smelled like mildew, you felt a layer of water underneath your feet and became aware of the sound of dripping all around you.

You had never been on a ship since that day with your parents, and you knew Jack could sense your hesitation.

"Right this way love", he said as he grabbed your hand and led you to the back of the ship.

You felt how warm and rough his hands were in yours and how firmly they grasped onto yours as he led you to your destination at the back of the ship.

He looked back at you and let go of your hand, and for a second it was silent.

"Erm okay" you finally said, "what are we supposed to be doing down here anyway?"