Tortuga My Dear

"Tortuga, my dear, so we may find our crew."

It was late in the afternoon, and the sun had begun to sink in the sky, for your first day on a ship it hadn't been all that bad.

You were hot though, and you knew if you didn't get some water and food in you soon, you were sure to pass out.

"Jack" you said, as you walked towards the wheel from where you were standing at the side looking over the edge.

"Yes love?"

For some reason every time he said that word, you felt that familiar feeling in your stomach, and you hated it. He couldn't have this type of control over you, but you had to keep going with him now for fear of Lizzy's safety, after all, the last time you had seen the necklace the pirates were after, was in the garden, around her neck.

"How much farther until we reach Tortuga?" you asked.

"We should arrive by mid day tomorrow." he said, looking at you, "why do you ask?"

"I'm just hungry, that's all, and I need to find new clothes." you said, gesturing at your torn dress dragging behind you.

He laughed and said, "Well we can take care of that now, as for Tortuga, I don't go there to get food or a new dress, dangerous place to go dress shopping, Tortuga is."

He set the course and walked to his cabin, "Right this way y/n", he said, holding his hand out for you as you walked down the stairs leading to the main cabin.

He walked in front of you and ducked behind the big desk, he mumbled something to himself, and searched through something under the desk.

"Aha, here we are" he said holding out black pants, boots, and a white flowy top that was all to big for you.

You took them from him and stood there awkwardly waiting for him to leave.

"Um Jack, if you wouldn't mind.." you said, gesturing to the door behind you.

"mhm", he coughed "right of course", he left the room and closed the door behind him.

You slipped off your dress and heels and attempted to get the corset off.

"Shit", you whispered, you had never taken off your corset by yourself before, and you thought about leaving it on, but you wouldn't be able to sit or sleep, and it had already begun to cut into you uncomfortably.

You stood there for a second weighing your options.

"For Christ's sake" you mumbled.

You made up your mind, and clutching your dress around your lower half, you peeked out of the door.

Jack was standing a few feet away looking over the edge.

"okay okay okay", you thought to yourself.

"Jack um, could you um, help me?"

"With what lo-" he said, turning around, he stopped midsentence, and saw what you meant, "Well of course" he said grinning as he walked over to you.

"Don't get to excited, I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't desperate." you said, glaring at him.

He laughed and when he got to you, you turned around, your heart was beating fast, and you desperately wanted to say never mind and close the door.

"You're making it into something it isn't", you thought to yourself, although you couldn't ignore his fingers gently pulling at the laces, and lightly grazing the skin on your back.

"Y/N" he asked.

You nodded.

"Why did you come with me back at the port, you could have stayed."

He worked fast and it made you wonder how many women he had done this to before, why were you even thinking that, it didn't matter, just help him do whatever he needs with the pirates to make sure Lizzy is safe and then back home, but why did the thought of parting with him make you sad?

"Um I-" you were about to answer but truthfully you didn't know what to say.

Jack pulled the last string and the corset fell to the floor.

"SHIT" you internally screamed.

"uh thank you" you said walking forwards with your back still facing him because at the moment you had nothing covering your top half.

You pulled the dress up in your arms to cover yourself than you turned around, and smiled and closed the door.

"what the hell is wrong with me" you mumbled.

You quickly pulled the shirt over you and then the pants and boots and stepped over to the desk to look at your self in the mirror on the wall.

Not that bad, your hair was a little messy and you definitely got some sun, but overall not to bad.

--Jack's POV--

You smiled to yourself as y/n closed the door on you.

"Why do you do this to yourself Jack?" you mumbled, as you walked away.

"She was right about what she said in the garden, you won't work together, the least you could expect between you two was a quick fuck but she was to proper to even think that." you thought.

"It's different than the other girls Jack" a voice in your head said, "No its not, she's just hot" another said.

"And why did you ask her why she came?"

"What did you want the answer to be mate?"

You heard the door open behind you and you saw y/n standing there.

"We only have roughly 10 hours left, savvy?" you said

You wanted to say something more but nothing would come out, so instead you watched her nod and then walk over to the side to take in the ocean and the sliver of sun that was setting.

Her hair blew in the wind and you forced yourself to walk back to the wheel and steer the way to the nearest port to stop for the night.

--y/n's POV--

You were getting tired and you needed water really badly by now.

Jack was on the docks of the new port talking to someone, probably bargaining for a spot, so you stepped into the main cabin.

There was a cabinet against the wall full of alcohol, so you searched to find some water, no luck.

You sighed and picked a bottle of rum up and took it out to the main deck.

Jack was climbing back up on board and smiled when he got up, "We have our spot."

You smiled back at him and extended the open bottle of rum out to him.

He moved closer and took it from you, you both were hanging over the railing looking at the moon.

"You should get some sleep." he said handing you the bottle again.

You nodded and then said "Jack"

He looked at you waiting for you to speak.

You were about two feet apart and you could feel the tension in the air, you moved a little bit closer and then looked down and said, "My sister has the necklace that the pirates want and I'm afraid she didn't make it off the Port in time, I think they have her."

You looked up at Jack and said "That's why I came with you, I need to make sure she's safe"

That was true but for some reason you felt that was half the truth, you came because you wanted to be with him, you couldn't resist him.

You looked into his eyes and you were taken aback because he looked disappointed, almost sad, like he was expecting another answer, you wanted to tell him the truth so badly, but you couldn't, you had to prioritize Lizzy.

"Goodnight y/n" Jack said with a soft smile, and he walked into his cabin.