17

Clay's POV

Clay hissed in pain and looked down at his chest. An arrow head was sticking out of his right shoulder. His vision blurred as he pushed himself off George.

"What was that? I was run-" George's voice broke off when he turned around.

George gasped, "Clay?! What the hell?!"

Clay could hear George panicking. He looked at George, eyes wild. "Go! I'll catch up," Clay gritted out.

"Are you crazy?! No way I'm leaving you now!" George exclaimed. "Get up!" He grabbed Clay's arm and tried lifting him up, but Clay was too heavy.

"Leave me George! Run! Now!" Clay screamed at him, his shoulder sending out a ripple of pain.

He could hear the Princess shouting from behind them. George looked at him. He was terrified.

"Clay, I can't leave you!" George said desperately.

"Yes you can. Now go! Get help!" Clay shouted. He was gonna pass out soon. "Come back for me."

George looked like he was about to cry. "I love you. I'll be right back. I promise."

Clay nodded encouragingly. "I love you George. Now go!" he pleaded.

George bit his lip, holding back tears. He took a long, last look at Clay before he turned and ran.

Clay sighed in relief. He fell into the grass below him and groaned in pain. He wasn't going to catch up like he said. Black spots swarmed in his vision.

Three figures stood over him, blocking the sun. He squinted his eyes, trying to make out the faces.

"We're going to have fun with you," a dark female voice said as he passed out.

~

Clay woke up in a forest. He was propped up on the ground against a tree. His arms were bound behind his back and his ankles were tied together. He looked down to his bare chest and shoulder, the arrow was gone. In its place was a cloth which was wrapped tightly around his chest and shoulder.

His wound throbbed against the bandages. He clenched his jaw and looked around. There was an unlit campfire ahead of him and some packs near it. He looked for something to use for his escape.

Clay's head started to clear, most of the fever had passed. He still felt fatigued in his limbs and was still caked with sweat and dried blood. He twisted his wrist to try and get out of his binds. Clay hissed in pain as a wave of pain passed through his shoulder and chest.

"Well well well. Look who's awake." Princess Nihachu said as she walked into the campsite.

He glared at her and the two guards beside her. Clay felt a small feeling of satisfaction when he saw the injured guard.

"I haven't really decided what to do with you yet. I wanted the Prince, not you." She narrowed her gaze at him.

"Guess you'll have to make do," Clay replied, voice unwavering.

A feeling of relief washed over him. She didn't kill George. Clay was glad it was him and not George. If it was George, the Princess would've killed him.

"Hm," she huffed.

She held out her hand to one of the guard's and he handed her a dagger. She walked up to Clay and lifted his chin with the dagger.

"You won't get any information from me," Clay said as he eyed the knife.

"We'll see..." she paused and looked at his scar, "although, it seems as though you have been through worse."