21

Clay's POV

Clay nodded. His back itched like hell, but he wouldn't admit it. George still sat next to him on the stool.

"I- uh. I don't really know how to do this." George admitted. He held the salve in one hand and white bandages in the other.

"We just need to take off my bandages, put that stuff on, and rewrap the wounds," Clay explained, more comfortable now that the healer was out of the room.

"O-okay." George set the bandages and salve on the bed next to Clay.

Clay started pulling back the bandage on his stomach. He looked away, cringing and dropped the bandage. His hands shook as he pulled away. His stomach churned at the sight, his mind bringing up unwanted memories.

"Do you want me to do it?" George asked gently.

"Yes," Clay whispered.

He didn't like this feeling of weakness that consumed his body.

George delicately started unwrapping his stomach. Clay squeezed his eyes shut and clenched the sheets tightly. He tried to distract himself from the ugly mark on his skin. He felt cool air brush his stomach as it was fully unwrapped. Clay kept his eyes squeezed shut.

He tensed, waiting for George to continue. A warm hand settled on his stomach and Clay's hands slowly relaxed. Seconds later, fingers applied the salve to his wound. He hissed at the cold texture. The fingers paused and then continued, spreading the salve gingerly. He shivered at their softness.

Clay opened his eyes. George was intently applying the salve, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. He didn't notice Clay's attention. Clay rested his head back, watching George work through half-lidded eyes. He no longer felt the coldness of the salve, just George's gentle fingers.

George looked at him and paused. His fingers briefly hesitated over Clay's stomach before continuing their smooth circles. He held Clay's gaze as he slowly applied more salve. Clay visibly shuddered as George's fingers brushed over his sensitive skin. George bit his lip.

George delicately unwrapped Clay's shoulder. Clay exhaled slowly as George applied the cold salve to his shoulder. They held eye contact until George pulled away, finished with his shoulder. He looked away and wiped his fingers with a cloth. George reached to place the bandage over Clay's stomach, but Clay stopped him.

George looked up, confusion written across his face. His mouth parted when he noted Clay's focus on his mouth. George's lip twitched up.

"C'mere," Clay murmured softly.

George complied and scooted closer to Clay. Clay grabbed George's shirt with two hands and pulled him to his mouth. George let out a surprised gasp which was cut off when their lips connected. Clay kissed George slowly, deeply. It had been awhile since they've had time alone.

George's hands wandered to Clay's chest, getting a feel for Clay's skin. He carefully avoided Clay's wounds. His touch was soft, but Clay wanted more. Clay's hands traveled down George's torso and firmly gripped his hips.

Clay lifted George and pulled him on top of Clay so that he was sitting in his lap. George pulled away, surprised at the quick movement. He raised his eyebrow and smirked. Clay huffed impatiently and George leaned forward to reconnect their mouths.

Clay kept his hands rested protectively on George's waist. He wouldn't go any further without the Prince's consent. He flicked his tongue into George's mouth and George let out a soft moan. His fingers dug into Clay's skin, but quickly loosened in apology.

"Sorry," George whispered, breaking away briefly.

"Don't apologize. It's okay." Clay murmured back, their hot breaths mingling. In fact it was more than okay. I want more. I want George.