Ch. 1 The Preface

It is a quiet evening in San Fransisco, California, on Tuesday, December 4, 1984. A couple stood inside a building, holding two bundles of joys in their arms. A twenty-three-year-old male with light brown hair and blue eyes named Phillippe Renaldi stared at a young female next to him with worried eyes.

" Helen. Are you positive you want to do this?" Phillippe asked, sounding worried yet sad.

A twenty-four-year-old female with dark brown hair and brown eyes named Helen Thermopolis glanced at Phillippe as she nods her head.

" Yes. I'm not too fond of the idea of following the rules and guidelines of an old Kingdom. And I do not want to get surrounded by paparazzi asking me personal questions about me. I also want Mia to have a normal childhood," Helen explained to Phillippe as she held Mia in her arms, and she softly stared at the infant.

" And what about Aurora? She needs you in her life. You are her mother. Please, I know me telling you that I am a Crown Prince of Genovia scares you. But, our daughter would need you in her life," Phillippe begins to beg Helen.

Helen sadly shakes her head.

" You said that the eldest child would take the crown, right?" Helen glanced at Aurora, who is peacefully sleeping in Phillippe's embrace. " She would be better off getting raised by you than with me," The dark brown-haired female informed the light brown-haired male.

" And besides, I can only afford to raise one child, and since Mia is the youngest. I should take custody of her while you become Aurora's guardian," Helen responds to Phillippe as the two adults stopped talking when they hear a door opened.

" Ma'am. Sir. The judge is waiting for you two," An employee politely tells Phillippe and Helen as the two enter the room.

An hour later, Phillippe sadly sighed as he leaves the room with Aurora in his arms since he finished signing his name on the divorce documents and Aurora's custody papers. The light brown-haired male then watched Helen leave the room with Mia since she also finished signing her name on the divorce documents and Mia's custody papers.

Phillippe and Helen leave the building into a taxi that took them to the Thermopolis-Renaldi's residence. The light brown-haired male paid the fee as he and the dark brown-haired female entered their home.

" I hope you understand, Phillippe, that Mia cannot know of this royalty life. She also cannot know that she has a twin sister, father, and grandmother that are royalty," Helen firmly tells Philippe as she gently placed Mia inside a crib in the infant's nursery room.

Phillippe gently placed Aurora in a baby car seat in the living room as he sadly nods his head, and he begins to take all of his and Aurora's belongings to his car.

Helen stepped out of the nursery room, and she sees Aurora happily smiled at her when she entered the living room.

" Aurora. Your father is going to take good care of you. I know you will be better off with him than with me," Helen whispers to Aurora as the dark brown-haired female watched Phillippe grabbed the baby car seat and left the house with their eldest daughter.

Six years later, in 1990, a six-year-old Aurora Renaldi watched her kindergarten classmates have tea parties with their mothers. The young dark brown-haired female looked away as she turns her gaze to twenty-nine-year-old Phillippe Renaldi, who is pouring tea on her teacup.

" Papa," Aurora softly calls out to Phillippe.

" Yes, Aurora," Phillippe responded as he stares at Aurora fondly.

" I wish Mummy was here?" Aurora asked Phillippe sadly.

Phillippe sadly stared at Aurora.

"Aurora. You know Mummy is looking down at us happily," Phillippe softly smiled at Aurora.

Aurora sadly nods her head as she looks away, and she watched the other children and their mothers in envy.

Phillippe gently placed the teapot on the table as he hugs Aurora close to him.

Aurora's gaze softened as she lifts her head, and she fondly smiled at Phillippe.

" I love you too, Papa!" Aurora turns as she hugs Phillippe, nuzzling her head against his chest.

Four years later, in 1994, a ten-year-old Aurora Renaldi stood on stage, waiting for the Host to say the word for the 4th-grade Spelling Bee contest. The dark brown-haired female's light brown eyes scanned the crowd, and she happily smiled when she sees thirty-three-year-old Phillippe Renaldi giving her a reassuring smile and a thumbs up.

" Aurora Renaldi. Spell Entrepreneur," The Host calmly asked Aurora.

" Entrepreneur. E-n-t-r-e-p-r-e-n-e-u-r. Entrepreneur," Aurora carefully spelled the word out, and she gasped when she sees confetti all over her as the Host and judges walked towards her with a 1st place trophy.

" Aurora!" Phillippe happily calls out as he stands up, and he runs towards her with a bouquet of her favorite flowers, Lavender.

" Papa!" Aurora laughed when Phillippe grabs her, and the two spun around as the dark brown-haired female securely held the trophy close to her, not wanting to drop it.

" I told you all that hard work would pay off," Phillippe fondly chuckled as he kissed Aurora's dark brown hair affectionately.

Six years later, on Tuesday, September 12, 2000, a sixteen-year-old Aurora Renaldi sat inside the All-Girls High School: Cathedral High School principal office in New York City, New York, tears falling from her light brown eyes. 

Aurora was at the Student Council's room thinking of the perfect theme for the upcoming Welcome Back to School dance with other Student Council members when she heard her name in the intercom informing her to go to the Principal office. 

Aurora hugged herself as she recalls the principal informing her that her thirty-nine-year-old father, Phillippe Renaldi, died in a horrific car crash.

" P-Papa," Aurora stuttered since the dark brown-haired female is alone in the principal's office.

" Y-You promise me that you will always be with me forever," Aurora cried.

" Today is my sixteenth birthday, and yet now you are gone. I think God hates me since he first took Mum, and now he took you," Aurora mumbled, feeling sad, angry, and scared since the dark brown-haired female thinks she is now alone in the world.