Ch. 2 Where are we going?

A knock on the door grabbed Aurora's attention, and she slowly lifts her head as she turns her gaze, seeing the door opened, revealing the school's principal, Mr. Cruz, and two people wearing formal attire, standing behind him. The dark brown-haired female silently stared at the three adults as she figured that the older male and female standing near her principal are Social Workers that work for the Child Welfare Social Services. 

" Aurora Renaldi. Meet Mr. Walker and Mrs. Johnson," Mr. Cruz politely introduced the older male and female Social Workers to Aurora. 

" Hello," Aurora softly greets Mr. Walker and Mrs. Johnson since the dark brown-haired female still feels sad by the news of her father, Phillipe Renaldi's recent death. 

" Aurora. I am sorry, but you must come with us," Mrs. Johnson softly informed Aurora. 

Aurora sadly sighed as she politely nods her head because the dark brown-haired female figured that the two Social Workers would take her to an orphanage. 

Aurora grabs her backpack as she stands up, and she turns her gaze to Mr. Walker and Mrs. Johnson. 

" Can I at least go home and get some things?" Aurora politely asked the two Social Workers. 

" Of course. You do need to get luggage and pack up as many things as you can take," Mrs. Johnson informed Aurora. 

Aurora nods her head, and before she leaves, she hugs Mr. Cruz since the older male knows her and Phillipe for quite some time. 

" I am so sorry, Aurora. I know your father is a dear friend of mine, and I would have adopted you. But, I got informed that someone already took custody of you," Mr. Cruz softly tells Aurora as the two hugged each other. 

Aurora blinked, looking confused as the dark brown-haired female wonders what Mr. Cruz is saying. 

' A person that I do not know already took custody? If so, who?' Aurora asked herself, sounding confused yet curious. 

Aurora lets go of Mr. Cruz as she waved goodbye, and she walks out of the principal's office with Mr. Walker and Mrs. Johnson. The dark brown-haired female looked at her surroundings with sadness since the young female isn't sure if she will come back to Cathedral High School. 

Mr. Walker opens the door as he, Aurora, and Mrs. Johnson leave the school building and into a cream-colored car. The dark brown-haired female sat at the back, hugging her backpack close to her. 

" Why? Why did you have to die on my birthday of all days?" Aurora mumbled as tears continue to fall from her light brown eyes, feeling heartbroken that Phillipe is gone. 

Many minutes later, the cream-colored car parked in front of Renaldi's residence, an apartment in New York City, New York.

Aurora gets out of the car as she runs up the stairs, and she pulls out a key from her backpack as she unlocks and opens the door

Aurora gets out of the car as she runs up the stairs, and she pulls out a key from her backpack as she unlocks and opens the door. The dark brown-haired female entered the apartment, looking conflicted, since Phillipe isn't inside, watching TV or reading a book in the living room. The young female walked passed the living room to her bedroom, and she steps inside. 

Aurora walks towards her closet, and the dark brown-haired female tiptoed as she grabs her luggage, and she puts it down on the carpet floor

' What's going to happen to my Dad? Where am I going to go? Is Dad going to get buried here in New York City? If so, I-I do not want to leave New York City. Mr. Cruz said that someone already took custody. I-I do not know this person. What if my father did not like this person? What if they are a terrible relative,' Aurora begins to panic as tears fall from her light brown eyes. 

Aurora wanted to scream her heart out, but she couldn't since she feel as though she couldn't breathe. The dark brown-haired female tightly grasped the carpet floor, and she hides her face on the luggage. 

" D-Dad," Aurora sniffed, feeling angry and scared. 

Aurora hugged the luggage, and she cries her heart out. 

Mrs. Johnson checked up on Aurora, and her gaze saddens when she sees the dark brown-haired female crying and hugging her luggage. 

Soon Aurora calms down as her usual cheerful light brown eyes stared at the luggage sadly. The dark brown-haired female stands up as she begins to pack all of her necessities. Once the young female finished, she went to Phillipe's bedroom, and she grabs his luggage. 

Aurora decided to take things that reminded her of Phillipe. The dark brown-haired female took pictures of Phillipe through his childhood and adulthood. The young female also took a picture of a gorgeous woman with light brown hair and blue eyes, wearing a beautiful dress, and holding a young Phillipe in her arms. The female Renaldi recalled the light brown-haired male telling her that the woman is his mother, her paternal grandmother, Clarisse Renaldi. 

Aurora didn't ask much about Clarisse since she could tell that it made Phillpe sad, and the dark brown-haired female figured that her grandmother passed away before she was born. 

Soon Aurora finished packing, and she grabs the two luggage as she steps out of Phillipe's bedroom. The dark brown-haired female entered the living room as she stared at Mr. Walker and Mrs. Johnson. 

" Um. W-What's going to happen to my Dad?" Aurora nervously asked the two Social Workers. 

" At the moment, your father is in protective custody, until a relative of yours prepare funeral arranges for him since you are still too young to do so," Mr. Walker explains to Aurora. 

Aurora politely nods her head. 

" Okay. I am ready," Aurora informed the two Social Workers. 

" Okay. We are going to drive to the airport," Mrs. Johnson tells Aurora as she, the young female, and Mr. Walker leaves the apartment.

Aurora locks the door as she turns her gaze to the two Social Workers.   

" Where are we going?" Aurora politely asked the two Social Workers, sounding curious. 

" We are going to take you to San Fransisco, California," Mr. Walker explains to Aurora. 

Aurora stood there, feeling speechless since she is leaving New York City, New York, and moving into a place in San Fransisco, California.