Ch. 17 What's your favorite type of music?

Aurora sat on the bench as she wears a neutral expression when she sees a familiar navy blue truck parked in front of her and Mia. Her hands tightly grasped the handles of her backpack when she sees her so-called mother, Helen, getting out of the vehicle. She lightly bites her lips when she saw the older female approaching her and Mia.

" Mia! Aurora! I am so glad that you two finally met," Helen faked a smile as she walks up to her two daughters.

Mia glanced at Aurora, and she silently noticed her older twin sister looking uncomfortable.

" Yeah. I am glad to have met my twin sister," Mia softly smiled at Aurora.

Aurora glanced at Mia, and the two sisters intently stared at one another.

" We should get going. I made reservations at Hong Kong Clay Pot Restaurant," Helen informed Aurora and Mia.

Mia lightly grabs Aurora's hand as the two sisters stand up, and they walked towards the navy blue truck.

Aurora glanced at Helen, and the young teen shivered when she sees her so-called mother giving her a murderous stare.

Mia and Aurora stopped walking when they see the passenger's door opened, revealing Michael, who stepped out.

" Hey, Michael," Mia kindly greets Michael while Aurora akwardly stared at the taller male since she recalled screaming at him since he mistook her for Mia.

" Hey, Mia," Michael shyly greets Mia as he glanced at Aurora, feeling surprised that the two young teens are not doppelgangers but twin sisters.

Michael then frowned when he recalled Helen calling Aurora a 'Nobody' and a 'Spoiled brat.'

' Why would Ms. Thermopolis call her daughter that?' Michael asked himself, sounding confused.

" Michael. Meet Aurora. She's my older twin sister," Mia happily introduced Aurora to Michael.

Aurora and Michael akwardly stared at one another.

" Nice to um meet you. I am so sorry for the way I acted towards you earlier," Aurora mumbled an apology.

" It's um cool. Something tells me you were having a not-so-good day," Michael mumbled a response.

" You can say that," Aurora akwardly smiles at Michael.

" Michael. Can you be a dear and push the chair down so that you and Aurora can sit in the back?" Helen kindly asked Michael since she wanted Mia to sit in front alongside her.

Aurora grabs her luggage, and she carefully puts them in the navy blue truck bed. Michael noticed, and he also took the second luggage that Mia was holding, and he placed it beside the other.

" Mom! I'm okay sitting in the back with Aurora," Mia turns her gaze to Helen.

Helen turns her gaze to Mia.

" You don't want to sit next to your dear ol' mom?" Helen asked, looking at Mia in betrayal.

" I want to get to know my sister more," Mia confessed to Helen.

" You can get to know your sister when we get home," Helen firmly tells Mia.

Mia's chocolate brown eyes blinked, looking and feeling surprised that Helen spoke to her in a cold, stern voice.

" Mom. It's Aurora and my sixteenth birthday. Can you at least allow me to sit next to her in the truck?" Mia kindly asked Helen.

Aurora glanced at Mia and Helen, she uncomfortably stared at the two, and she frowned when she sees the older female sternly staring at her younger twin sister.