Ch. 23 You look cute, Sis

Many hours later, it is morning, at Ambassador Renaldi's residence in San Francisco, California, on Wednesday, September 13, 2000. A ringing sound grabs Aurora's attention, causing her to wake up.

" Dad. I had the strangest dream ever," Aurora mumbled in her sleep as she yawns, moving her body a little.

" You somehow died on my sixteenth birthday. And I learn so many things about you, such as having a mom and a twin sister," Aurora softly laughs as she opens her chocolate brown eyes, and she blinks when she does not recognize her bedroom.

Aurora lies on the bed, and she begins to panic as memories from the day before hit her.

" Dad!!" Aurora screams her heart out as she gets out of bed, and at the same time, the bedroom door opened, revealing Hugo and Jaxon.

Aurora stood there when she sees Hugo and Jaxon for the first time. Tears fell from her eyes when she sees that Hugo is 6'0" with medium-length dark brown hair and blue eyes. Meanwhile, Jaxon is 5'10," bald with some dark brown hair on it and has Hazel eyes.

" Who-Who are you guys?! Where am I? Where is my Dad?!" Aurora asked, looking and feeling scared.

Hugo and Jaxon turned around when they sense footsteps approaching the bedroom. The two then stepped to the side as Oliver and Santiago enter the room.

" Aurora," Oliver softly calls out to Aurora while looking at her with a worried expression.

Aurora stared at Oliver with a mixture of emotions.

" Uncle Ollie? Where am I? Where is my Dad?" Aurora warily asked Oliver.

Oliver sadly sighed when he hears Aurora asking for Phillipe.

" Aurora. You are currently at my house in San Francisco," Oliver informs Aurora.

" And my Dad? Is he here?" Aurora softly asked Oliver.

Oliver walks up to Aurora as he gently placed his hands on her shoulders.

" No. Your father passed away in New York," Oliver sadly tells Aurora.

Aurora lightly bites her lips as she cries when she starts to realize that all of those memories from last night were real.

" No. No. No!" Aurora screams her heart out as she begins to punch Oliver's chest.

Hugo, Jaxon, and Santiago silently walked out of the room to give Aurora and Oliver privacy.

" My Dad can't be dead!" Aurora cries as she hugs Oliver, and she hides her head against his chest.

" I know. I know it is painful to realize that someone you love and adore is gone. But, remember, you are not alone. You have Mia and me," Oliver softly speaks to Aurora.

Aurora's hands tightly grasped Oliver's shirt.

" Mia," Aurora whispers as her gaze saddened when she recalled her first interaction with her birth mother, Helen Thermopolis.

" No one in this house is going to serve you, okay. If you want something to eat, you make it yourself. If you're going to wash your clothes, you do it yourself. My daughter and I will not do everything for you. Servants probably did everything for you when your father was alive. But, we, as in my daughter and I, are an average family. You hear me!"

" I doubt you and your father are average since your father is a Crown Prince and all."

" Your father is a Crown Prince from a foreign kingdom called Genovia. His royal heritage is the reason I divorced him and took Mia with me. I allowed your father to take you because I knew you would be royalty in the future since you are his eldest daughter."