Ch. 15 Uncle Ollie wants to speak to you

A ringing sound grabs Mia's attention causing the young teen to pull out her cell phone from her purse. She looks down at the screen, and she lightly bites her lips when she sees that her mother, Helen, is calling her.

" It's my-um, our mom," Mia softly informed Aurora.

Aurora conflictingly stared at Mia when she hears that their mother, Helen, is calling her younger twin sister.

" Pick it up," Aurora softly tells Mia.

Mia nods her head in response as she goes to pick up the phone call.

" Hey, Mom," Mia kindly greets Helen.

Aurora shyly looks away, and she sees Benjamim's back facing them. She blushed, looking and feeling embarrassed since Mia was about to pepper spray the poor man. She glanced back at her younger twin sister, telling her that she will be by Benjamin's side.

Mia nods her head as she watched Aurora walked towards Benjamin. She then sees the two softly speak to one another, causing her to pay attention to Helen.

" Are you still at the mall?" Helen kindly asked Mia.

" Yeah. Are you by yourself? Or is Aurora with you?" Mia asked, looking and sounding curious as to what Helen will tell her.

" Oh, no! I plan to pick Aurora tomorrow morning since I want to spend time with my little girl," Helen smoothly lies to Mia.

Mia sadly frowned when she realized that Helen is lying to her since Aurora explained to her that their mother picked her up at the California Child Welfare Social Services. Then the two argued, causing her to meet Benjamin, and then the two twin sisters met at the mall.

" I think Aurora will be okay spending the night with the Social Workers," Helen merely tells Mia.

Mia opened her mouth to say something, but Helen continued to speak.

" Guess what! Your friend and Lilly's brother, Michael, came by to give you your gift. But, I told him, you weren't home, so he is now with me heading to the mall to pick you and Lilly up so that we can stop by at the Chinese Buffet," Helen changes the subject.

" Mom. I have decided to stop being friends with Lilly. Which means she is not going to celebrate my sixteenth birthday," Mia confessed to Helen.

" What?!" Helen shouts alongside the tires' screeching sound that came from the other side of the phone. Mia even heard Michael worriedly calling out,' Ms. Thermopolis! Watch out! You are about to hit the car in front of us,' to Helen.

" What do you mean you and Lilly aren't friends? You two have been friends since Kinder," Helen worriedly asked Mia.

" I know Lilly has been my friend since Kinder, but now that I am older, I am starting to realize how heartless she is to others. I'm sorry, Michael if you hear this conversation. I know she is your sister, but I did not like how she treated my twin sister," Mia firmly tells Helen and Michael.

" It's cool. I have been aware of my sister's not-so-good personality. And sometimes I wonder how she isn't in the hospital since no one has hurt her for the way she speaks," Michael mumbled.

" Wait. Aurora is with you?" Helen asked, changing the subject when she hears Mia mentioning her twin sister.

" Yes. Mom. She is with me," Mia responds to Helen.

" Oh. Oh. Then I will pick you two up at the mall," Helen softly tells Mia, and she hangs up the phone call.

Mia held her cell phone in front of her, and she frowned. She could not believe that Helen would lie to her that Aurora was at the Social Services building when in reality, the young teen is at the mall.