| CHAPTER NINE |

"It's not the pain that makes me sad but the reason behind it"

Athena PoV:

It's been three weeks since I was informed about my so called wedding and I am still not sure about how to break it to my family. I am on my way to the mansion  and I finally decided to start speaking since I want to work out my marriage and this is the only way.

I parked my car and got out. I took a deep breath and ringed the doorbell. Aria opened the door and wasted no time in hugging me. I chuckled and hugged her back.

"Who's at the door Aria?" Well there is no turning back now. I slowly revealed myself to my father with an emotionless face. His eyes widened after seeing me. He opened his mouth to speak but closed it shut again.

All my siblings gathered and held the same expressions. Okay jeez was I that scary? I motioned them to follow me to the living room and signalled them to take a seat. They sat down and looked at me. I took a deep breath and ripped the bandage "I am getting married".

Shock. Absolute horror. Were the only reactions on them. "What the hell Bella!!!??" All three of them roared breaking my dad out of his trance. "Explain now" was all that he said.

"Well what is there to explain? I am getting married and I just wanted to tell you all for formality sake." I said nonchalantly. Deep down only I knew how much I was hurting. All my dreams of my dad walking me down the aisle were shattered. But the pain I felt when I averted my eyes to look into my father's eyes was shattering.

He had tears in his eyes and my brothers were standing with their faces pale. I know that I shouldn't feel bad, because after all that that's happened to me, this was nothing. A few moments passed and no one said anything.

"Who is the guy?" Derek asked through clenched teeth. "No one you should worry about". "What? Bella are you even hearing yourself right now?" Jace shouted making me flinch.

No they aren't the ones who should shout. If it's anyone that's got to be me. "Yes I am hearing myself and trust me none of you are in a position to interrogate me or my soon to be husband, because you lost that right the day you forgot that she was my mother too" by the end of it, I was yelling.

The four of them couldn't speak and stood there with wide eyes. "Well she's there because of you in the first place" Elijah mumbled while looking at me with hate in his eyes.

"For gods sake, was it my mistake and she wanted for both of us to have a mother-daughter time while you were having your bonding session. Was it my mistake that the truck hit us!? What exactly is my MISTAKE!" I yelled while smashing a flower pot.

"Well your mistake dear sister was that YOU wanted to go past your dear boyfriend Adrian's house and asked mom to go past that route and when she refused, YOU forcibly turned the steering wheel causing the car to hit the truck" Elijah shouted.

Ha there it was, the MISUNDERSTANDING of the century. I was literally standing there with my mouth open. "Adrian? My boyfriend? Oh my goodness who even put that into your brains?"

"Well whoever it was, was surely right." Elijah said while glaring at me. I never thought that my brothers could be so dumb. I knew they misunderstood whatever that had happened that night but damn! This was new.

I took slow steps towards Elijah and kept my eyes emotionless despite wanting to bail out my eyes and tell them how wrong they were.

When I reached him, I slapped him. Hard. "What the hell Athena!!???" Okay really hard. Oops I guess. I clutched his collar and spoke "Now that you have my attention dear brother, oh wait oops I am not your sister anymore so Mr. Bianchi. That Adrian who you assume to be my boyfriend thanks to the courtesy of some imbeciles trap and your dumb brains, is gay. And I was helping him to come out and face the world. And secondly that day when me and mom got into the accident he wasn't even in the town and thirdly how the hell are you all so dumb!!!!???."

All four of them were standing with pale faces. Ha take that you assholes. But wait I wasn't done yet. "Finally I am leaving and don't ever bother contacting me again, because from now all of you mean nothing to me."

I turned around to leave but someone caught my hand stoping me in my tracks. I turned around to see my father. Okay shit, he was having tears in his eyes. Remember Isabella don't fall for it. Remember what you went through. "What is it?" I questioned.

"I know I wasn't the father that you wanted me to be and I know that I failed you. But please Bella don't cut us out of your lives. We can't live without you anymore." He was pleading but before I could reply Jace came forward and took my other hand "please Bella, we will do everything to get back your trust."

Trust. A word so simple but so hard to practise. I freed my hands and hated the look of hurt in their eyes. I shook my head violently and wiped off the few tears that fell unknowingly. "No. Never ever am I trusting you people. You all lost my trust the day I turned fourteen. And you have no right to barge back  into my life and ask for it."

"What happened when you were fourteen Bella!? What are you hiding from us and why were you hospitalised when have came to see you?" Derek spoke for the first time. He was the eldest so his voice was always commanding.

I laughed. Like literally laughed. I know I looked like a mad woman but damn. "You think all of you can come back whenever you want and accuse me of anything and demand to know everything? Well newsflash No! You can't do that. Whatever happened to me was your fault. All of you were responsible for it but somehow my pathetic self doesn't HATE any of you. I might not hate you but I sure as hell don't want you in my life. So let me live the way I am." With this I walked out of the door.