|C H A P T E R F I F T E E N|

"A mother is everything, but above all she's a tigress ready to strike for her kids"

Recap:

"You sure do talk a lot and for the record it's gonna be me who's gonna teach them a lesson"

Maria Bianchi PoV:

I watched as Rebecca entered the room with determination. She hesitated for a bit, but soon enough blurted out everything. I knew what was happening in Athena's life since she came and told me every single detail.

It's been years since I was in the accident and I know things that no one else does. Five times! Five times some or the other nurses tried to kill me but somehow Athena always interrupted their plans without her even knowing.

I have been trying to wake up and speak but all I could do was express through my eyes. I know how much pain my youngest had to endure. And I was responsible for it. But now she will no longer have to live so lifelessly.

I was able to finally move. It was because of a drug that the doctors have been giving me, that prevented my progress. But a few days earlier a nurse came and whispered to me about how Athena is the reason, her kids are able to go to school and it was her responsibility to help me.

I am so proud of my daughter. But my husband and sons? Eh, not so fond of them anymore. They neglected her. And to top it off left her to fend for herself. I know she's hiding something from me. Once when she was fourteen, she didn't visit me for a month.

I have a hitch that something must have happened then. Because after that ever single time I looked into her eyes, they were lifeless. But whatever may happen, now I'll ensure that my baby is safe and she deserves all the love in the world.

I turned to face Rebecca who seemed to be in shock considering her open mouth and wide eyes. I chuckled and waved in front of her eyes. I sighted to myself and stood up. I've been practising so despite me not being able to wake for years, I can walk without any problem.

I stood in front of her and hugged her tightly. She seemed to come out of her shock and hugged me back.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Bella will be so happy! She's gonna cry from happiness! Oh damn I should call her! By the way, you are so beautiful, what was your beauty secret? Okay I am rambling!" She was really happy.

I knew how much Rebecca meant to Athena. After ages of not seeing her smile, one day my daughter came up to me telling me about how someone stood up for her. And after years she smiled. That's when I knew that Rebecca was a ray of sunshine in my daughters dark life.

Rebecca knows more that me about Athena. Her past, present and she might even know about her future.

I took a deep breath and looked at Rebecca. "Tell me everything from the start."

It's been three hours and Rebecca has told me everything about this marriage deal. I can't believe Athena had to do this. And for who? For those dumb idiots who think that she's to be blamed? Oh hell na! Now those idiots have to pay and to top it off the person who's behind this is gonna suffer. Suffer really bad.

If anyone hears what I am thinking they might think if I am crazy. Because after all Maria Bianchi is the kind hearted souls who owns successful business! But no one knows that I was in fact one of the FBI's top agents.

I killed 709 criminals and tortured numerous. When I met Athena's father, I realised that it's time that I stay low for a while. Because my family was important so my position was passion onto my brother who is currently the chief and the next best agent after me.

It's time that those bastards pay and as for my husband and sons? They aren't bad people, just off track.

I stood up and cracked my knuckles and looked at Rebecca "let's start shall we?"

She looked up at me with confusion "start what?"

I smirked and signed her to get up. "Let's go and knock some sense into those idiots".

She smiled brightly and stood up. "I knew you were a badass!" We fist bumped and nodded towards each other.

"Okay first things first, call them up and ask them to come here and the rest I'll manage."

"But what are you going to do?" She asked while unlocking her phone.

"Give them a taste of their own medicine". She shook her head and smiled while dialling the number.

We waited for a bit until it ringed. "I swear to god Rebecca if you are calling to tell me how much of a disappointment I am, I'll personally come and kill you" she raised and eyes brow and proceeded.

"Listen here dumb face, just because you sing well doesn't me a event time loves you. You might want to sit for a bit before hearing whatever I am going to tell you."

"Don't waste my time Rebecca, what is it?" Jace was always impatient. But this was a new level of impatience. I can only imagine what Rebecca did to irritate him so much.

Holding back a chuckle Rebecca spoke "she's awake Jace, she's awake."

"Be a bit specific here, who is awake and of course they will be awake, it's fuckin afternoon for gods sake." Rebecca groaned as if questioning his levels of stupidity.

"Your mom dipshit! She's awake. Come see her and being the others with you too." With that she cut the call.

"We'll that sure went well!" She gave me a look as of to say are-you-serious?

Now all we had to do was WAIT!