| C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N |

"To be someone brave is easy, but to present to be brave is difficult"

Athena's PoV:

"What the hell!?" I looked up from the screen to see him standing there with a furious expression. I rolled my eyes and stared at him while plastering a disinterested face. "Jeez why are you shouting early in the morning?".

He took a long breath as of to calm himself and walked up to me while giving me a death stare. Lol it's okay buddy, I've had it worse. "You are in my office, sitting on my Chair and asking me what is wrong? Do you even realise what you are doing?"

"Okay slow down pretty boy, I know what I am doing and as for me sitting on your chair, what is yours is mine, so chill". If he was angry before, now he was furious. He was about to almost yell but the opening of the door cut him off.

Someone coughed and that's when I realised the position we were in. He was leaning down to me and our noses were almost touching. He immediate scrambled and stood.

"Enjoying yourselves already?" Andrew called out from the door with an amused Iris on his side. I shrugged while Alexander glared at no one in particular.

After about half an hour we found ourselves in the presence of our lawyers and Alexander's parents. The atmosphere seemed tense.

"So, Mr and Mrs Harrington now that both of you are newly wed it's time for you all to go through your grandparents inheritance rights, and we need to go over certain clauses that you must be aware of, so are you both ready?" Me and Alex looked at each other and nodded.

"According to this as you already know that both parties are to gain their inheritance and we have already gone past those details. But there are a few items that have to be handed over to the both of you as per the wish of your grandparents."

"Hurry up now, I don't have the whole day" jeez why was he snapping at them. They were after all doing their job. The lawyer rolled his eyes and took out a big briefcase. Now that I think about it, how did I not notice?

"Firstly Mrs. Harrington your grandparents left you their ancestral necklace along with two of your grandmothers most loved estates in France and another in Ooty, a hill station in India." Necklace? No! It can't be. My eyes watered when I thought about them. She remembered. And that estate? Gosh! I can't believe they remembered that how much I loved those beautiful estates.

How much difference do the little things make? Small things like remembering how we like our coffee or if we prefer to let our hair up or down, make someone's day and in my case life. But yeah now there wasn't anyone. Anyone to remember that I love. To remember who I was. What my dreams were. As I looked to my left I saw Alex. He doesn't remember me anymore too. I smiled sadly and shook my head. No Isabella you can't afford to crave any one anymore.

I took my share of things from the lawyer and signed a few documents. The other one sat up straight and continued. "Mr. Harrington, your grandfather let you some of his personal belongings and shared ownership of all his yachts and a few of his other estates. As for his other assets, they have already been assigned to your father. He already made a joint account for you and uh...." he trailed off. Him and who?

"Me and?" He looked unsure and proceed in a low voice, "You and Rosalind". Alex stiffens beside me and so did Andrew and Iris. I would too but I have to pretend that I don't know anything about it.

Rosalind Harrington. The ray of sunshine in the Harrington household. But that sun no longer shined, making the Harrington's become colder that ever. She was everything. Beauty with brains and a heart of gold. I still remember feeling numb when heard of her death. That was the day I decided that come what may, life is a bitch.

The room turned silent and cold. Making way for a tense shiver to run down everyone's backs. "Where do I sign?" Everyone's heads snapped at him. Cold blue eyes, empty of any feeling were all that bothered me. Why? Why do u care so much Athena? He said that he didn't want anything to do with you! But still.

The lawyers stood up and explained a few lure things before them left and Andrew and Iris left too, but not before they gave me a knowing look. I gave them a reassuring glance and looked back to see Alex gazing over the city from his desk. Deep in thought. I made my way across the room and stood before him. After what felt like ages he finally faced me.

"So tell me  Mrs. Harrington, who are you and what do you want?"