|CHAPTER THREE|

"You are not selfish for wanting to be treated well"

Athena's POV:
After that little scene that took place back home, I proceeded to go to the hospital to see mom while Rebecca decided to go and make some arrangements for the meeting with our investors.

As I entered the private hospital room, a smile made across my face as soon as I saw my mom laying on the bed. Even after all these years she was still beautiful. "Hello mom" I smiled to her.

As I took a seat beside her beside her hospital bed and held her hand and looked into her eyes which held so many emotions. Pain, Sadness,Anger,Guilt. "Well mom today all four of them were home for the first time in two years..." I sighted and started telling her the story. By the end of it her eyes held pure anger. I smiled a little and said "now, now mom how about you get all better and we will teach them a lesson together." Her eyes softened a bit but that anger and guilt were still there. I took a long breath and talked to her for a little while, it was only until my phone beeped with a message from Rebecca informing me about the meeting that I realised I was running late. I got up and said my goodbyes to mom and promised to visit her soon and kissed her forehead.

I got out of the hospital and saw my baby parked in all its glory.

I sat in and stared driving towards my company

....................................
I parked in my private parking lot and headed towards the private elevator. Today I decided to dress casual (A/N: Her dress below)

I reached the 50th floor which is a private area meant only for my office and Rebecca's office

I reached the 50th floor which is a private area meant only for my office and Rebecca's office. As soon as I reached I saw Rebecca waiting impatiently for me.

"Finally!" She exclaimed throwing her hands up in the air. I smiled to myself at her antics. But I soon put up my cold face and blank eyes when I realised that we were not alone on this floor. We headed towards the conference room meant for important meetings only.

As soon as I entered the room I saw about 10 of my most important investors sitting in there. I gave each of them a curt nod as a reply, and kept my eyes blank. I reached the head of the table and the meeting proceeded.
I mostly hadn't had to speak much and if I had to I would just type in my tab which was screen shared to the large projectors in the room for everyone to see.

Suddenly I felt someone's hands sneak up to my thigh. I slightly tensed up and lifted my cold eyes to see those eyes belonged to Jack Salvatore. Playboy and a stuck up asshole trying to get into my pants since like forever. I motioned every one to stop and sat up, my eyes never leaving Jack's eyes. I took his hand and twisted it but not enough to break it, my whole body was fuming with anger and this is not a good thing. The next thing I know is that he went slamming into the wall since I punched his nose hard. Not that I care. I turned around to see everyone but Mr. Harrington and Rebecca looking at me with fear.
Now the reason why Mr. Harrington wasn't afraid was because he knew what happened during that particular week. He gave me a soft smile. I went towards my tab and started typing furiously, IF ANYONE OF YOU HAVE SUCH FUCKING FANTASIES RATHER THAN HAVING DETERMINATION TOWARDS WORK THEN LET ME KNOW, SO THAT U WILL BE OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL!

As soon as everyone saw what was written they began shaking their heads. I nodded towards them and motioned Mr. Harrington to follow me. I got out of the room followed by Rebecca and Mr.Harrington behind me.

"That was fucking badass Bella" Rebecca started clapping animatedly. "That dickhead had it coming though." I sighted as i propped myself in my seat.
"Language" said Andrew, but nevertheless smiling. As he took his seat on the sofa opposite to me. "So tell me old man how is retirement treating you, I heard Iris and you went to Bora Bora for some alone time and action" I said wriggling my eyebrows and putting emphasis on alone and action. "Oh, I was having a wonderful time until I was called by a certain someone just because of a damn meeting" he said smiling sarcastically. I smiled sheepishly " well we can't exactly have your son Alexander the Great here right?"
"What's so bad about that, you know that you both are bound to end up together, since your grandfathers decided to arrange your marriage." He said.

Yes me and Alexander were supposed to marry but I had no idea until the past 2 years. My grandfather and his grandfather decided to marry off the two heirs to keep the families united and if we don't we lose our inheritance. Not that it matters to me but for Alexander it means his entire empire. " No, but I m not gonna marry him as The Isabella Carter or Athena Bianchi. I am just going to be me, not some rich girl or a broken girl" I replied. To this both of them looked sadly at me. Rebecca decided to break the silence "Bella FBI Chief called to confirm if your routine is going to the the same for that week this year too." She whispered.

I sudden felt the weight of realisation on me. Today was August 14 that meant that from tomorrow began that one week. Oh so that was the reason why I had been having those nightmares regularly, I thought to myself.

A week where I make the people who caused me nightmares pay, a week.

"Time for some action" I muttered with a smug smile.