| CHAPTER FOUR|

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

Rebecca's PoV:

It's been a week since she has vanished, well not literally vanished since both me and Andrew knew where she was but every single year at this time we know where she goes and trust me that is deadly. My eyes are full of unshed tears and I slowly make my way to Bella's house, more like a freakin mansion. I know she is gonna be here any second and Aria and me were prepared with everything that she needs. Aria on the other hand hasn't stopped crying, this whole week. Every year her condition is worse than the previous year. So much blood and so many bruises and she doesn't even flinch. I wish I was there to protect her from them. Her asshole of a family deserves no love or support from her, but still she makes sure that their lives are organised.

As I park my car in front of their house and step in, I realise Andrew is already here. He looks up and meets my eyes and I realised that he was crying too. "Hey old man" I try to joke around. He gives me a sad smile. We all know we are suffering, but we try not to show. Suddenly I hear the sound of an engine and car doors being opened. Julia comes running from the kitchen still crying. The doorbell rings and I take a deep breath and go to open it. But the moment I opened it, I wish I didn't. There lying unconsciously in the hands of the FBI chief or in other words, Bella's uncle from her mom's side was Bella. Her face was fine but her arms were having bruises and her blood was soaking through her shirt. A small sob left my mouth and by this time Aria was sobbing loudly and Andrew was weeping silently.

Her uncle Marco gave us a sad smile and stepped inside. We made our way to her room and he placed her on her bed. "What happened Marco?" Andrew spoke. Marco sighted and began "As always this year too she overworked herself. God knows how and when she will be free of this misery. She is clearly suffering but no one is there to cure her out of her misery. And this year the way her eyes were burning with rage, honestly scared me. She killed that organisation for most part of it and she came out unscathed but in the end one of them apparently was alive and he stabbed her, she killed him but she passed away due to exhaustion." By the time he was finished all of us burst into an another round of tears. Marco left after telling us that her team of doctors are working on her as we speak and in the safety of her room so there was no need to worry.

We were sitting on the sofa in the main hall, wrapped up in our own thoughts while Aria was preparing something for her to eat when suddenly the doorbell rings. Now we were surprised coz as far as we know no one was supposed to come right now. I went and opened the door only to find Jace, the youngest of her brothers, the moment I saw him, I was ready to smash the door on his face but his foot stopped me from doing so. "Can you please get out, because I m in no mood to deal with any of you today". He raised an eyebrow and said "And who gave to rights to speak to me that way since as far as I know this is my house". "House? As far as I know this is nothing but a holiday home to you and ur siblings along with ur father." I scoffed. "Look Rebecca or whoever u are please just fuck off and lemme in coz I need to speak to my sister" with that he pushed past me and entered the house. But not even seconds later I heard a "what the hell" and I turned around to find Jace looking at the drops of blood splattered on the floor when Marco was carrying Bella. And the only though in my mind was that 'Oh shit'.