PROLOGUE

ATHENA's POV:
Beep...beep....beep....
The same sound of my alarm I have been waking up to since like forever. Well not exactly waking up, since I hardly sleep.

'SLEEP' what a blissful word to hear.....but just like everything and everyone in my life, it doesn't seem to think that I require that little bit of bliss in my life. Instead it exchanged places with NIGHTMARES and made me an insomniac.

Slowly I wake up and finish my morning routine and dress in my formal attire and make my way downstairs for breakfast. While descending down the extravagant-golden-marble staircase with my heels clicking on it and the sound echoing throughout the house I think about how I ended up becoming what I am from that happy little teenager enjoying dance.

'FAMILY' a word so foreign to me since that horrible day. Well to begin with I am ATHENA ISABELLA BIANCHI, the youngest and the only daughter out of the four quadruplets of Henry Bianchi and Maria Bianchi or in other words the only daughter of the world's second richest billionaire i.e my father.

Now before you assume I am not one of those cliche sisters or daughters who has overprotective siblings and overprotective dad.

Well I was before that one day that changed my life.

Well it all began one cold evening when my mother was picking me up from my dance class when I was eleven and out of nowhere a truck came and slammed into our car.

That was the day when my nightmares began, when my family crumpled apart, let me rephrase when my family which includes my elder brothers and my dad began excluding me from the family. I fractured my leg and had a major concussion but my mom wasn't so lucky since she slipped into comatose state.

If you are thinking that she is no more then you are mistaken. She is a fighter, usually patients in comatose state can live like that for 5 years but my mom was holding on for 7. When she finally opened her eyes on my eighteenth birthday (which wasn't even acknowledged by my brothers and dad) her body couldn't adapt to the change and she slipped into shock and had been fully paralysed ever since.

She can only talk to us through her eyes and sometimes twitch her arm.

Now one must be wondering about what happened to my dad and brothers for them to take it out on me. I wish I knew. I still remember when my dad reached the hospital along with my siblings, he didn't even bother to spare me a look, he straight away went to see my mom.

At first I thought he was shocked and will come later. I had tears streaming down my face and my only hope was that at least Derek, my eldest sibling will come and hug me in his arms and tell me that he will make it alright, I hoped that Elijah my second eldest brother will come kiss me on my forehead and tell me it's going to be okay and I hoped that Jace will tell us some bad jokes and make me smile.

But nothing like that happened instead of any of the above I was met with the death glares of my brothers. When I asked them what's wrong all they said was "don't touch us you piece of shit, if anything happens to mom we will make your life miserable".

To say that I was shocked would me an understatement. After that day I tried to take the blame but my brain insisted that it wasn't my fault. That day my brothers forgot that the woman lying down there was my mother too.

But I tried to mend our relationship. I tried talking to my brothers and my dad but they always ignored me.

Three years passed away but still nothing clanged, my only hope was mom. Because I knew if she got to know what happened she would have skinned all four of them alive including my dad.

While my brothers attended a rich private academy I was put in a public school full of delinquents and druggies. While my brothers were given cars and drivers to take them anywhere, I walked Five miles every day after school to meet my mom and speak to her.
I told her everything like how I was being ignored to how I wish she woke up soon. While my brothers were being thrown extravagant parties on our birthday I was ordered not to come downstairs.

But I never understood why I did not break or explode until then, because it was only during my fourteenth birthday that I broke.
All due to the negligence of my family. Because it was during my fourteenth birthday that they
Found me.

What they did to me lasted for everyday for a week, when they realised that I was of no use to them since my dad's staff politely declined the existence of me since I was as good as dead to the world since the car crash as I hardly appeared in public, they thought it's better to end me and they did, they left me bleeding on a road with no cloths. I thought I would die and I had a smile on my face thinking that the pain will end.

But the police on patrolling duty found me and admitted me In the hospital, they couldn't identify who I was since my face was all bloody and bruised.

After seven days when they found out who I was and tried contacting my father he just cut the phone on their face after hearing my name. It was then that I realised that it's time I create a name for myself. The FBI agent who called my dad in front of me started crying after realising what I have been going through. But I never cried because it's on that day that I knew that the old Athena full of compassion and soul is no more. It was on that day that ATHENA turned to ISABELLA. Cold, emotionless and full of power and authority.

As the years passed I graduated from school only when I was 16 due to my determination and I attended Stanford at a full ride scholarship. Over the years people have judged me since I never spoke without any strong reason, sometimes they even termed me mute. But I never minded them since I have been thorough things tougher than they can imagine. I never let anything close to me but it was Rebecca my best friend who managed to somehow earn my trust.

One day as I was passing the hallways of Stanford one of the queen beeches got her goons to hit me, but what she didn't know was that I had been trained to kill and self defence was literally a piece of cake for me. And I ended up beating every single one of them and while I was busy giving my cold stare enough to put someone six feet under the ground to that queen beech I got distracted and one of them was about to hit me from behind when REBECCA my knight In shining armour knocked him off by applying pressure on one of his pressure points.

It was then that I realised that I need not be alone, and I finally found my partner in crime. She is the heiress to a billion dollar empire herself but she loved being a free soul and had escaped from her house and had started recently at Stanford herself.

A smile crept on my face when I stared thinking about how things changed from there, I never took a single penny from my father after that incident and worked hard for every penny by taking up odd jobs, teaching self defence to kids and legally hacking for the FBI.

Since I wasn't the one to spend much money and hacking provided way too much, I collected enough to start my own company JADE at the age of 18 It's been 3 years ( almost four) since I have started it and now I have surpassed my dad and I am the world's richest billionaire.

But the world doesn't know how I look like, since I do not interact with people much. Only Rebeca and also some heads from the FBI and my private investigator Sara know how I look like other than my family who doesn't know how Isabella looks like despite being her own flesh and blood. I kept my identity a secret because I want my mom to be beside me when I celebrate my success.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I reached the entrance of the kitchen because of numerous sounds of laughter that echoed in the dinning area. I usually live alone in the house since my siblings and dad hardly visit and when they do I am informed to stay away from them. I would be happy to stay in one of my numerous penthouses or mansions but I promised my mom that no matter what happens I will stay by my family and protect them.

The moment I stepped into the kitchen without thinking, I found four pairs of eyes observing me in silence.