Revenge

The message he left was loud and clear, the mangled bodies of  my men were left right on my doorstep, but this did confirm that he was in fact still alive. For years I have been trying to drag this freak of nature out of his statue form but was never successful. Then some little goody two shoes shoes up in this town and just like last time, he can't help himself. I will do whatever I have to do to take Grimald out, even if it means killing some little miss innocent.

Walking back into my compound I yelled , "I need two of you to clean up the mess that is on my front step NOW!"

Within seconds there were people outside cleaning the mess, while I made my way into my office to formulate a plan. While sitting in my chair and staring at my wall, Donahue my right hand man walked in and sat down.

"What finally brought him out of hiding?"

"A little sweet innocent beauty. Judging by the number he did on those two out there he seems to really care about this one," I sneered.

"Someone sounds a little jealous," Donohue hummed.

I scoffed at him, just the thought of Grimald sent my blood pressure through the roof. For the last almost 100 years I have been plotting my revenge for what he did to me, the disaster he caused my past life to become, the torture I had to endure all because of him. He would pay for all of it, no matter what it takes, no matter who I have to harm, if I need to burn this wretched town down I will.

"Alright, calm down your face is beginning to turn red and your about to draw blood with how tightly you're clenching your fists."

I took a deep breath and released it, a cool head is the only thing that will destroy Grimald.

"We need a plan, something that will make him extremely weak and vulnerable enough to end him for good."

I sat there and the perfect idea struck me, I would personally make history repeat itself. If what happened to me hundreds of years ago made him weak enough to allow the ministers to curse him, then repeating this process would kill him. I felt a smirk begin to make its way onto my face and I relaxed into the back of my chair and crossed my legs. Donahue sat and watched me patiently.

"Let's repeat history Donahue," I stated.

"I'm sorry?"

He looked at me confused, struggling to follow what I said.

"It's simple, we now know his weakness, so we use it to destroy him."

"Isn't that what the ministers did to you? Why would you want to do that to another innocent soul? Besides, it didn't seem to work out to well for the minister."

I chuckled darkly and slowly stood from my chair before circling my henchmen.

"You must understand Donahue, I don't about destroying an innocent life, I care only for revenge. Right now that innocent girl is the only thing that can provide that for me, besides I want to see someone else suffer the way I had to. I want someone to feel the pain of torture and the pain of no one caring enough to stop it. This time though, I will make him watch as I slowly suck the life out of her, I will make him scream as I take the only thing from him that seems to mean anything to him. I am only missing one single piece to make this all come together."

"And what would that be?"

"That blasted book. It was lost ages ago after the original ministers somehow lost track of it, and no matter how hard I search I can't find it anywhere."

I grit my teeth as the thought of all my hard work is now at a standstill because someone couldn't seem to keep a simple book in their hands. I know it is still here,  it I can't seem to figure out where. The old ministers enjoyed the power that the book gave them, until it was time to pay their price, since then it has disappeared and no one has seen it since.

"You mean 'Accalia'? That book is older than Grimald there is no way it still intact. If you of all people haven't found it by now maybe it really is gone forever."

My hand instantly met Donahue's cheek.

"Don't you ever speak to me like that again. 'Accalia' is still here, everyone has had their turn to wield it on the weak, and now I am part of the strong and it is MY turn! For centuries I have been searching, planning, waiting for this moment! No one will stand in my way, no one will stop me from killing that gargoyle freak! You will send out men to find that girl, follow her, dig up every piece of information on her that you can find, I want to know her whereabouts every single second of the day, I want to know who she is with and what she is doing. I am willing to bet that she may lead us to the book and when she does we will be there ready to take her, Grimald and everything that they hold dear! I have not worked this hard for idiots like you to mess it up! Not having the book is a small hiccup that we will soon rectify! Am I understood?!"

"Yes ma'am," he whispered.

"Good. Now set up a meeting so we can go over the plan with a select few of our people. These people must be disposable Donahue, I can't deal with anymore mistakes."