Sending a Message

"Why do you want 'Accalia'? That book is long gone, it didn't survive so why do you want it?"

Donahue was struggling to breathe but Grimald couldn't bring himself to care. All he could care about was this scum who claimed to be a servant of God choking his little Alexis. Grimald may have felt nothing but hatred and pain at the hand of these.....creatures, but he still couldn't bring himself to believe an innocent being like Alexis deserved to suffer. 

"W-we both know i-it is still around. If you are a-actually alive then that b-book survived, or you w-wouldn't be so concerned."

With a growl Grimald lifted the priest closer to his face, he wanted to see the death in his eyes. 

"I could care less about that cursed book, I don't like when someone as innocent as that girl is harmed by something as low as you. What I want to know is why you think she knows anything, let alone has it? Why attack a bystander? Who are you working for?"

That's when Donahue did something that sent Grimald's anger over the edge, he laughed. It was a wheezy laugh and it wasn't full of humor, it was vile and condescending. 

"You are b-better off killing m-me, I would r-rather not ruin the s-surprise when you s-see their face. The O-Order knows who A-Alexis is, we are w-watching her, w-watching you. We know e-everything. W-watch your back G-Grimald, your enemy m-may be cl-closer than you think."

Snarling Grimald decided he had enough of the priest who was seconds away from death, and still choosing to mock him. He was going back and forth between snapping this creatures neck and letting him go so he could follow him, find out who was running this shit show. After taking a moment to consider his options Grimald settled on a compromise.

Throwing the priest into the stone wall of the church he stomped his way over to him. Grimald grabbed him by the collar of his shirt before flying up to the bell tower. It may have been a little to public what he was about to do, but this priest needed to learn his place, needed to learn that he had no control over Grimald. He needed to learn that he couldn't go after Alexis and not face the consequences. Grimald needed to send a message to the Order, a message that this time would be different. 

Grabbing the rope that was used for ringing the bell, Grimald used it to bound the priest's hands behind his back. Despite the slight struggling that came from Donahue, he was able to get it tied nice and tight ensuring the priest wouldn't drop to his death. 

Looking Donahue in the eye, Grimald smiled a sadistic grin upon seeing the terror behind them. 

"This is going to be extremely painful for you Donahue. You won't die, you will suffer. When you are found I want you to give the Order a message. Can you do that?"

Donahue just started frantically shaking his head while begging Grimald not to do this. 

"Now now, don't you people preach rejoicing during suffering? That suffering for your cause is the greatest thing you could ever do? Well, now is the time to put those words into action," Grimald mocked. "Pay attention Father Donahue, this is very important."

He looked the priest up and down enjoying the fear Donahue was excreting. 

"When you are found, I want you to let the Order know that I am alive that I do still exist. Let them know I am starting to hunger for revenge and that this time I will not go down without a fight. If you or anyone else goes after Alexis, I will personally see to that each and every one of your deaths is public, brutal, and oh so painful. Let the Order know that this creature from Hell will become their worst nightmare, that the devil will pale in comparison to me. I will not stand by and allow the Order to repeat history, Alexis is under MY protection. Tell them when they are ready I will be waiting."

With that Grimald picked Donahue up again and through him down the bell tower, enjoying the sound of his screams mixed with ringing of the bell. While anyone who was still awake would think nothing of the ringing that filled the silent night, Grimald knew this was the beginning, that everything would now be coming to a head. This time he was going to be prepared and he would make sure that no one else would be hurt. 

After Donahue's screams stopped Grimald quickly made his way back to Sybil's house. He had promised Alexis he would be back to see her tonight. Even though she needed to be resting he had quickly figured out that she would sit up and wait for him to return. For some reason she always worried about him  over herself. Something as horrible as him had something as sweet as her wanting to free him, to break his curse. Despite knowing that there was no way to break it, Grimald couldn't bring himself to destroy Alexis' hope. She was so sure that she could find a way to free him and Grimald was willing to let her think that, as long as it didn't put her in anymore danger he was fine with it. 

Landing in Sybil's yard Grimald went up to the back door and peeked inside. He saw Alexis struggling to stay awake while talking to Sybil, and he couldn't help but smile at the sight.