6 - Mandrake Pheromones

It was another clear day at Southern Cross Academy. So clear that the entire Night Flight Club came together outside to do some stretches in the courtyard. Even when basically the entire school was watching.

Sarina blows a whistle, "Alright everybody pair up!"

"I feel like the entire school is watching us." Niika reiterates.

"Probably because they are." Jaguar tells her, "Come on, don't be shy! You can be my partner since Tiger is still recuperating from yesterday." As she said that, Tiger waved to them from a nearby bench.

"Kazuma-kun, why don't you pair up with this guy?" Sugata starts to introduce the boy that just walked over, "This is Tsubasa Aoki. He's an honorary member. He's in the cycling club, but he's good with tech stuff. He usually handles things like setup, lighting, and sound." He then whispered, "Don't worry, he doesn't know. We've got a lot of honorary members like him, but there's still only a select few of us who know about Cybodies and the Glittering Crux."

"To be honest, I don't think they'd believe us if we told them..."

"Hi." Tsubasa says shyly.

"He'd do great on stage." Jaguar and Tiger, who jumped up when she saw him, said in unison. "You can never have enough handsome faces." Tsubasa backs away from them. but with each step he takes they follow.

"No way. Being backstage is plenty for me. I really can't act, so..."

"We'll hold your hand and guide you!~"

"Uh, No. That's...not..." Kazuma grabbed Tsubasa's arm.

"Would you guys stop it? You're embarrassing the poor guy! Besides, you should be sitting down Tiger-chan. You still need to recover." When Jaguar walked Tiger back to the bench, Kazuma rested in attention on Tsubasa. "And you! How do you think you're gonna appeal to the girls stuttering like that. You need to build up your confidence!"

"Sorry..."

"Its fine. That's exactly why Sarina is making us do these exercises. Let's go!" 

"All right, put your back into it! The drama club's not just any culture club! Our plays are how we do battle!" Sarina shouted as everyone started stretching in pairs. Sarina paired with Wako, Takuto with Sugata, Niika with Jaguar, and Kazuma with Tsubasa.

"But why are we doing it outside?" Takuto complained.

"Fanservice, duh." Sarina deadpanned.

"Fanservice? Really?" He asked after observing all the students staring at them from the large windows above.

"My brother would kill me if he saw me right now. . ." Niika cried.

"Well just think about it. There's only an 99.5% chance that he won't see you before we're done~" Niika glared at him, "What?! Don't believe in the .5%!?"

"Hold on Kazuma, the sound guys need some help." Tsubasa said walking over to them. He then climbed a ladder to help them put speakers up.

Just then the ground started to rumble below them, "Whoa. Earthquake?"

"Tsubasa-kun!" Kazuma then looked at his new acquaintance. Tsubasa fell to the ground of the latter he had just climbed, almost hitting Kazuma in the process. If it wasn't for his first phase, he'd be on the ground injured just like Tsubasa. Kazuma then began to feel guilty that he did nothing to help cushion Tsubasa's fall.

"Daijoubu Tsubasa-kun?" Was the least he could ask. When Tsubasa barely responded, Kazuma was the first to volunteer to take him to the nurse and did so with Sugata's help.