9 - Galaxy Lying Eyes

"Miss Taka...Miss Takashiro!" Niika picks her head up from the desk. She blinks at her physics teacher in confusion, "Since you clearly want to answer, can you please explain to the class what the difference is between Potential and Kinetic energy?"

"One is still...and the other is moving!" Niika answers on impulse. The class snickers.

"That's the main gist of it yes. But the definitions I'm looking for are blah blah blah..." Niika boredly tunes out the answer he gives, "You and the class need to know this for our next exam, which so happens to be tomorrow!" He says this louder so the whole class would pay attention. "Your study guide will be pages 500-515 in the workbook. You should all already know this information, for I have taught it to you in record time, and reviewed it only once. I don't want to see lower than a B on this exam because this is an easy unit. You have the vocabulary, I have given you the materials. Don't let me down. Class dismissed!" The bell rings as soon as he finishes.

"How does he always know when the bell will ring?" Niika mutters. Takuto stands up with his things. With a quick gripped fist, he resolves to go over and talk to Niika.

"Midori no~"

"Niika-chan!" Kazuma gets to her desks first, because he wasn't as far away. Takuto backs up towards his desk to make the notion seem less awkward before anyone noticed. But Mrs. Watanabe still laughed at him, since she sits behind him and was able to see the whole thing. "How are you doing today?"

"Kazu-kun." Niika looks up at him, "I am...okay."

"You seem a little roughed up." Kazuma picks his words, "Did you get home safely last night?" At this, Niika fidgets. "You did go home, didn't you?"

"No...I didn't Kazu-kun." Her replies are short.

"Why not? Didn't your brother tell you too? What happened?" Niika didn't like where this was going. Kazuma makes sure to cast his eyes under his bangs. His tone was blunt and his face showed a lack of emotion. He sounded blatantly irritated. The tension of the conversation seemed to float across the room. Niika just couldn't answer him.

Sensing the tension, Takuto finds himself a new resolve and walked over to Niika's desk. "Midori no me. Is everything alright? You got called out by the teacher. " He entered the conversation. No one spoke. "I'm sorry...did I interrupt something?" Takuto looks up at Kazuma, who was now staring at him in the same way. This changes as a harsh glare protruded onto Kazuma's face.

"You did actually." Kazuma continues to be blunt, "It seems like you always know just when to interfere. DoEsN't iT?" These words are basically spat at Takuto. Kazuma's face softens ever so slightly as he puts his focus back on Niika. "I'll talk to you later. Niika." Then he walks out of the room.

"Geez." Takuto shivers. "You can always tell when he's having a bad day. Can't you?" This is rhetorical.

Niika looks down, "Kazuma is...scary when he gets like that." Is all she can say.

Takuto tries again, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You okay?"

"Morning, Takuto-kun! Niika-chan!" Interrupting, Ruri walks over. "Looks like Wako's staying home today. Sugata's gone too...Did something happen to them?" She asks.

Takuto answers for both of them. "No. Not that we know of."

"Really? It's not like them to suddenly miss class like this." She says then gasps, "You don't think they're getting married finally without telling us do you!? That would be like a shot to the heart!"

Takuto sweatdrops, "Ah...I hope not."

"Anyway, if you hear from Wako, could you tell her to text me? She's not answering my calls. Thanks!" Ruri waves, "I'll see you guys tomorrow!"