11 - Galaxy Star Girl (Part 1)

MPK: So bear with me ya'll~ There's another change storywise that you'll catch wind of in this chapter.

I've changed the name of Niika's mark to fit the new name I gave her cybody. From Ni mark to Wata mark! And also, it's shape! It's not a cross with stars! It's basically a box-like W now.

I plan to change this in the other chapters soon enough. I would like to do it when I edit the previous chapters again. There are a bunch of out of character flaws and other things I'm gonna fix when I do so. Honestly, the beginning chaps make me cringe as a young adult.

If you made it this far~I commend you!

______________

"Yo, Takuto."

"Kazuma-kun?" The redhead turns to his right in his seat. The whitenette was standing there with a smile. "Oh gosh, what is it now?"

Kazuma's smile instantly flips upside down, "What do you mean "What is it now"?"

Takuto starts to sweat, realizing he wasted a good thing. "You know what, nevermind."

"Nevermind!? All I did was say "Yo" and I get this kind of response!?"

Takuto takes a breath, "What's up, Kazuma?"

"Nuh-uh. You missed your chance with that." Kazuma grumbles. "You should've answered like that the first time, dummy."

"Oh, good grief." Takuto facepalms.

"Serves you right." Kazuma sits on top of the empty desk behind Takuto. He eyes the redhead staring in Niika's direction as she leaves the classroom. "So...I've noticed you haven't been talking to "Midori no me" recently. What's up with that?"

"Midori no me is my nickname for her. You stick with Niika." Takuto pouts.

"Heh? I'll just make up my own then!" Kazuma proclaims, "Let's see...Miss Ditzy? No, Cutesy Clutz? Nah. Dang, this is harder than I thought."

"Those sounded more like insults to me."

"Oh hush Takuto!" Kazuma folds his arms, "Answer my question. Why haven't you and Niika been hanging out? Did something happen?"

"Wouldn't you like to know..." Takuto says. He puts a hand to his cheek and sighs, "Unfortunately I'm as clueless as you are. Every time I've tried to talk to Midori no me after school recently, she tells me she's busy and runs off."

"Maybe she's finally tired of your idiocy."

"Maybe I'm tired of your insults. Lay off will you?"

"Aw Takuto~Don't pout!" Kazuma leans closer to Takuto's desk in order to ruffle the redhead's hair. Takuto whips his head away before he can mess it up too much. "I'm sure Niika will play hooky with you soon. Maybe she is busy~"

"Doing what? I can't imagine it."

"How about studying?"

"How about no?" Kazuma pouts. "If that was the case, wouldn't she have told me?"

"Maybe she wants privacy. She doesn't have to tell you everything."

"...I think she may be hiding something from me. From the both of us."

"Oh no!" Kazuma mocks, "You mean you don't trust Niika-chan? I'm shocked!" Takuto glares at him. "But really, it's only been about a week. She's already left school for the day; nothing you can do about that. Just give her time...NO!" Kazuma suddenly shouts, unfolding his arms. "I know what you should do. The best way to get her to hang out with you...is to ask her on a date! She'll make time for that!"