5 - Wako's Song (Part 2)

Niika's POV

Kazuma had taken me to a surf shop not to far from where I had been crying. After bringing me inside and making me sit down, he brought a towel out from somewhere in the back. He was looking at me calmly but seriously as he lightly dried me off. I debated with myself on whether or not I should talk to him. He did seem a little pissed while he stared at me, but he was doing something nice for me. I had to at least thank him.

"Nee, Kazuma-kun." I took his silence as an indication to continue speaking, "Arigatou." He froze. Once he regained his senses, he just nodded and looked away, removing the towel. Then there was a really awkward silence between us until Kazuma decided to speak to me.

"There was no one in town."

I looked up and sighed, "It didn't look like there was anyone else on the island at all. I couldn't even find my brother. I'm glad you're here, at least." I gave a small smile.

A light pink blush grazed Kazuma's face, "You're soaking wet. You should change. I don't want you, catching a cold."

Kazuma had found me a sweatshirt and some shorts as well. He seemed to know what he was doing. I went to the back where there was a changing booth. I quietly changed out of my current clothing and the stuff he gave to me on. Luckily, everything just about fit me. When I walked out Kazuma was hanging up his cell phone.

"I couldn't reach anyone. Not even that red-headed idiot."

"You call him that too, huh?"

"Cause that's what he is." As Kazuma shoved his cell in his pocket, I noticed something shining sticking out of it.

I run over to it, "Kawaii!" I squealed without controlling myself. Kazuma jumped in surprise, "Its so pretty!" It was a necklace, two drama masks appear in black stitching. I got up and sat down in front of him as he took it out of his pocket and stared at it.

"Huh, I thought I left that in my jacket at home." He says.

"Its beautiful. May I ask, where did you get it?" I ask him.

Kazuma put the necklace around his neck, "It was a gift. From my sister."

"I see. She must be very important to you, if you treasure something like that."

"She was."

"Was? Did something happen to her?" Kazuma suddenly silenced. I frowned. "Kazuma...You always get silent when you don't want to talk about something. And you're worse when Zero Time comes up." Kazuma gritted his teeth and looked away again. "Please tell me something..." When he didn't respond, I sighed.

"I'll make a deal with you." I looked at him confused. "If I tell you what happened to her, only if you tell me why were you crying."

"O-okay." I braced myself, "I was crying...because I thought I was alone. And I hate feeling like that. Its always been that way for me."

"But you have your brother. Arata right?"

"Yeah, he was the only one I had back then. " I thought back to that time, "He was always holding me because I cried a lot. But today, I saw no signs of him, and I got scared I guess." Kazuma silently stared at me. "What's that look for?"

"You're not with Crux..." He murmured but I could still hear.

"Huh? The Crux? Why would I be!? They kidnapped Wako! I hate those guys! They're mean, and they're always fighting us! Why would you think that I was with the Crux?" Kazuma was silent once again.

"There are a lot of people in the Crux, most of them are people we know. Its scary to think about, but its true. That's why you can never be to careful." Kazuma adjusted his vision so that his full attention was on me, "Niika, just how "in deep" are you?"