8 - Physics Class & The King's Pillar

MPK: So...I recently found all my notes for this fanfic, especially for the next 4 chapters of this story. I was really excited to work on this again and everything...Well, I recently lost those notes. I have to rethink about what was to happen next and let's just say I'm not happy right now.

But I'm not giving up!

I'm frustrated, but I refuse to give up! Just bear with me, please!

_____________

Takuto lunges towards Wako.

BOOM!

A large figure hits the ground. Kazuma shields Niika from any flying debris, that luckily doesn't hit either of them. The four cough because of the hovering dirt in the air. Before the dirt can even settle, the figure leaps into the air and smacks down beside Wako and Takuto. This causes them to move away from their previous positions quickly. It also creates a new wave of dirt to fill the air, blinding everyone and infecting their lungs once again.

Kazuma grabs Niika's hand, "We gotta move!" and runs back down the path.

Without hesitation, Takuto grabs Wako's hand and follows them. "Let's go!"

They all run without looking behind them. The heavy object shoots up into the sky and flies around, landing right behind them and into the ground again. The sudden shake in the earth causes everyone to lose their balance and slide down the path, further towards the bottom of the hill. Takuto and Wako were able to fall into a tree and break their fall with their feet. Niika and Kazuma couldn't however, tumbling all the way to the bottom of the hill.

"Urgh!" They both let out at slightly different times.

"Niika-chan! Kazuma-kun!" Wako helplessly shouted from above. She and Takuto let go of the tree trunk and manually slid their way down in their direction.

Kazuma propped himself up enough to crawl on his knees over to Niika. She's face first in the dirt. He shook her a bit, "Niika, are you okay!?"

Niika picked up her head and started to answer, but was stopped, by a vision.

Takuto and Wako slide down the hill towards her. "Niika!" Takuto shouts. Suddenly the green shaped figure that had been flying over to them at a fast pace, shot towards her and Kazuma. Just when it was about to collide into them, the figure changes course and moves to the opposite direction, slamming into the earth in front of Wako and Takuto instead. The two end up falling into the dirt and the debris erupts upward, burying them both.

Niika blinks, "They'll get buried..."

"What?"

She barely has enough time to register anything in her head before the scene she had just seen had begun to play out. Using her arms, Niika plops up quickly into a sitting position. "If that cybody hits the ground again, the flying dirt will bury them!"

Kazuma sits up with her and realizes what she means. "Mermaidoll..." He growls. He stands up, "Not on my watch." And with a single clap of his hands, Kazuma activates his first phase in a cool way. Time stops, leaving the world at his mercy for the several seconds it gives him. He takes that time to sprint up the hill, grabs Wako and Takuto's hands and pulls them forward further down the hill. As time starts again, Kazuma makes sure to catch Wako before she hits the ground as the three of them fall back. He lands in a squat, gripping the dirt to stop the momentum. "Miss Wako, are you okay?"

"Yes, Kazuma-kun." She nods, "But how?"

Takuto, however, lands on his azz. He lets out an "Ow!" when his back hits the dirt. Kazuma barely acknowledges it, his eyes drooping boredly. "You can catch her but not me!?"