here's a funky introduction

hi. hi hello and welcome to my show.
if i didn't already get you bored : nice to meet you, i'm y/n, i'm 15 and i just moved to la with my family.

busy cities like this have never been my thing. i like quiet places, extra points if it's somewhere no one heard of. but sadly, faith has brought me here - well, my parents sure did. a boring attempt to save their marriage has brought me on the steps of a new house, school and life overall.

my older brother woke me up from my daydreaming by tapping my shoulder. i turned my head and looked at the meme he had on his screen, then returned to the sight outside the car window. i put the volume of my music even higher and felt all thoughts take off from my mind. peace.

 - - - - - arriving at the new house

hopefully this isnt going to turn into american horror story season one, i said to myself as i looked at the big victorian style mansion in front of me. it looked so huge that i questioned if we were royalties or something. i helped around by carrying boxes with my brother, then finally got to visit my room. it was upstairs, which seemed more and more intimidating with each step. when i got there, i was amazed. my room was so pretty. it even had a balcony! im living in a shakespearian dream, and i hate it so much i might just love it!

"y/n!" i hear my mom shout for me from downstairs. i rushed over there and she asked me to go and buy some food while they finish unpacking. i wanted to ask her how the fuck am i supposed to figure out where food is in a new city, but i knew she wouldnt care enough to help me. and so i took some money out of her wallet, plugged in my earbuds and went out.

ok hear me out. the streets here are super nice. the sun is shining like its made of gold and everyone i pass by has this huge smile on their faces. i know im supposed to enjoy it. i know that a lot of people would give up everything to live where i live now. but something about this place is so unlike me that i doubt even the "opposites attract" could work here. i finally got onto a more busy street, and according to the map on my phone, i was close to a grocery store. the closer i got, i noticed a bunch of dudes skating in front of a shop. my first instinct was to cross the street, but at the same time the revolting anger inside me about women having to do shit like that was telling me that im gonna be the boss bitch to not do it. i blasted the music through my ears for a confidence boost. "yo what are you listening to?" i heard one of them say to me. i pulled out one of my earbuds and looked at him. he had blonde curly hair and the signature creepy big smile i told you about earlier. i know i shouldnt engage in conversations with strangers but i couldnt just ignore him. he came closer to me which made me flinch away in reflex. "calm down lil one i just wanna listen too" he took the earbud you just pulled out and started jamming next to you, "damn youve got taste" he said, laughing. i was listening to check the rime by a tribe called quest. i smiled back, seeing it was genuine. he asked me for my name and proceeded to introduce me to everyone there, "im olan, this is ryder, gio, sunny and na-kel. you new around here?" i nodded looking at everyone and trying to memorize their faces. "yeah. i gotta bounce now but i'll see you guys around?" i replied, remembering that i was actually on my way to buy food. we said our goodbyes and i went to the store down the street. i didnt take long, actually started talking to the cashier about the tune she was playing. she was so pretty i still had her on my mind when i went out. 

- tw : mentions of bl00d -

you see, i am always sure something bad is bound to happen. if it wasnt on my way here, its certainly going to be on my way back. and oh boy, was i right. i was passing by in front of the shop i met the boys earlier and just as i walked past the door, one of them was doing a trick on his skate and quite literally knocked me down. "shit, sorry" he said, getting up and looking back at me. i felt a sharp pain on my side, and i could see the blood greeting me from my knee. i huffed in annoyance, not at the boy but at having to clean myself up. he helped me get up, "sunny, isnt it?" i said as i looked at him, trying to cover the feeling of pain with my face. "didnt expect you to remember, new girl" he looked at me up and down and inhaled sharply when he saw my knee, "fuck im so sorry, i didnt think anyone would be on the street when i started". 

"it's fine, it's fine, my knee is okay." i tried to inhale and exhale slowly, taking in the pain one by one. "fuck that, come with me" he took my hand and pulled me into the store. he looked through his backpack and found some band-aids, as i was sitting down on one of the blue couches, looking around. "bingo!" he exclaimed, making me look at him. he had a smile on his face, "this isnt much but it's honest work" he mumbled as he clumsily cleaned my knee and put a band-aid on it. "hope you're not trying to become a doctor or something" i said, glancing at my knee and the band-aid that barely stuck to it. okay okay, i appreciate the effort. BUT. no, whatever.

he's cute he can get away with it.

he looked at me and giggled. i looked back, confused. who the fuck giggles? before he could say anything else, i got up and walked myself out. "thanks, i'll see you around mr. doctor" i waved and he waved back.

on my way home all i could think about through the sharp pain on my side were the 5 boys i met today. i was secretely hoping some of them would be at the same school as me, because i knew for sure tomorrow was gonna be hell if i didnt have anyone by my side. i then stared at the beautiful sunset layed before my eyes. this place is nothing like i expected, but it's ok